Why did he show interest in me for a couple of weeks and then go back to being friendly/awkward?

I'm 16 and he's 18 and we have known each other for about a year now. We see each other mainly during lunch at school and that's where all our conversations and stuff happens. Anyways I started liking him a couple months ago, and he recently started showing signs he likes me, for example: he'd play footsie with me kind of under the table;, always tease me, he gave me he number, he'd get really excited when about to say something to me (like it was urgent or something, which it never was..) and some other things. Anyways I texted the guy the day after he gave me his number and we talked for maybe 10 minutes and then he stopped replying and the next day he acted like he does with everyone else. He hasn't texted me once since I texted him, and I don't want to text him because I don't want to always have to be the one to initiate things.

So is he just not interested anymore? Or was he ever? And I know he texts because I notice him texting people a lot during lunch on certain days.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, guys are just not that much of a texter it seems to me. Second, sorry no I don't think he is that into you. Third, this is not the end of the world, keep him as a friend by just talking at lunch, do not act clinging or keep texting him constantly, guys hate that. Last, there are lots of other fish in the sea at your age. Keep dating and have fun! ;)

What Guys Said 1

• It's just he's busy.

Don't think much about it, instead spend more time with him in person.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds to me like he has lost interest. If he liked you then he would text you or try to flirt with you more when you see each other at school.