Tips on dating a single father?

So, I'm dating this guy who has two children -- a six-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl. I have not met the kids yet, but it's going to happen soon, and I want to make sure that I don't screw it up; I really like this guy a lot, and I know that it's going to be a complete deal breaker if the kids end up hating me.

I would really like to hear from people who are single fathers themselves or who have had relationships with single fathers, but really, anyone is welcome to answer, and all help is appreciated!

What Guys Said 1

• I don't have an answer but I just wanna know how does a man find himself in a situation where he's a single parent? Seems different.

• as of right now, I don't know the details of this specific situation. but I do know that it's a definite possibility for a man to become a single parent. before he met my mom and got married to her and had me, my dad was married to another woman; they had my brothers, and then, one day, she just up and left him. and I know several other single fathers as well. my mom's first husband was also a single father, as she divorced him due to his abusive nature and drug use.

What Girls Said 0