Need Date Ideas (Not Your Typical First Date Question)

for I could just Google what to do but my 'situation' (for lack of a better word) is different. I'm about to ask a girl out in a few weeks or so. The thing is, we've been friends for a while (5 years). We're not super close friends but close enough.

So, because we know each other to some degree, we most likely don't have to go on a typical first date like dinner to get to know each other. I would like to avoid movies as well.

I've been out of the dating game for so long so I'm a bit rusty. We are both in our mid-20s so it wouldn't be your typical teenage date obviously. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Dave&Buster's or it's look-alikes: You have games and food. It's a date and if things get too tense also a playdate.

2. Bar&Grill: Despite the initial reaction you may feel it is a calm and cozy place with TVs and sports and other "look over there!" functions to keep things at an easy and even pace. It's all the better if they are showing what she likes on TV.

3. Explore the town: Sounds corny but going to a museum or some other "mutually interesting" place would do some good. You get to express yourselves and possibly try new things in the area while also having a grounding point for mutual interest allowing for freeflowing communications and thus ease.

3 ideas. 2 seconds ea.

• Always liked D&Bs. Will definitely look into that. Bars, I'd like to avoid since one I can't drink and two, that is something we do on occasion. I'd definitely explore the town but there's really nothing to do unless you go 30 minutes north which is actually where D&Bs is. Maybe take a walk around that area since everything is close to each other.

• Does D&B's have like arcade games and stuff? I've never been to one but it sounds nice :)

• It's like an adults Chuck-E-Cheese. Tons of arcade games (more 'mature' stuff) as well as a bar, restaurant, etc. Great place to be. :)

What Girls Said 1

• What about a wine tasting?

• While that is a great idea (and she does love wine, that I know), I can't have alcohol for a few months due to a recent surgery (transplant) that I had. But I will definitely consider that for future dates, if we go out of course.

• picnic and kite flying

What Guys Said 1

• The best date idea is where you two are physical.

Like going to a comedy bar, or dancing classes at night.