Did my text after our date show I wasn't interested

Went on an average second date with a guy I quite like, it was average for many reasons but I still had a good time. We had a fabulous first date, and I saw him casually in between the first and second date and it wasn't average at all. From casually seeing him and the second date was 2 weeks.

I text him the morning after the date and said "morning, thank you for a great time yesterday. I hope you feel better." (he was ill on the date, but I didn't know this till we met up) and then finished it with a joke we shared, because I wanted it to be lighthearted and personal. I text because I wanted to show that I was still interested, even though the date wasn't brilliant. He never responded to the text and this was 2 days ago. I would like to see him again.

Do you think my text didn't show any signs of interest, and sounded like I was being polite and saying thanks but no thanks? I was thinking of texting again to say hi and ask how he's been doing to show that I am still interested, or do you think he would have already replied?

Most Helpful Guy

• Any girl who texted first after a date, especially within the first few days, is a sure sign that she is interested. He might think that since a lot of guys are oblivious to these kinds of things. I would give him a few days. He might be one of those guys who thinks he should wait to reply. Try again this weekend. If he doesn't reply, then he might not be interested. If he doesn't make any sort of contact at least a few days after the date, it usually means he isn't. If a guy is even a little bit interested, he would've made contact anyway.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he just didn't think there was really a need to reply. I mean "morning, thank you for a great time yesterday. I hope you feel better." doesn't really need to be replied to when you think about it. Just text him back again and see what happens.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he's still ill. Give it a few more days.

• your text shows that you are interested. So he might be not interested any more or have his own reasons for not texting back (being ill maybe). I know it kind of sucks but you should wait, if he doesn't text you any more that is a hint...sorry.

But ofcourse you can always text him and ask him how he's been doing, if you feel like it, I don't think it's a big deal.