Do girls just want what they can't have?

I feel I have learned from my experiences that in general, girls prefer guys or aspects of dating that they don't have.

If a guy is really into them, they are too clingy and the girl needs space

If the guy treats them poorly/ignores them, they yell at him to be more romantic etc.

I just feel like in relationships I have had, when I distance myself from my girlfriend or any girl, they immediately get pissed and demand flowers, dates or more frequent texting. But when I start doing things, they need space to see friends or something.

If this is the case, when the hell do girls grow up, because honestly, this kind of behavior is immature to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had similar experiences, though not entirely negative.

I've known many girls who, if I ignore them, they'll flirt outrageously with me. Then if I finally reciprocate, they start playing hard to get.

Also I've noticed that I'm much more attractive when I have a girlfriend. Really outrageous flirting. This isn't limited to strangers. Even some of my female friends have become flirty/jealous when I've had a girlfriend.

Basically women care much more about what other women think. If a woman has or wants something, often another woman will want it too.

• I know what you mean, it is incredible how when you have a girlfriend, all these incredible girls come out of the wood work and want you, but as soon as you are single they disappear.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not just a girl thing. Guys want what they can't have too. How many of them get a kick out of sleeping with another guy's girlfriend or wife? It's the same sh*t dressed up differently.

• Wrong. We guys are simple minded. It's girls that have confusing and crazy minds

• Don't be on either end of the spectrum of really clingy vs. treating her like crap. There's an achievable happy medium between the two. It comes down to having your own life but wanting her to be a part of it.

What Guys Said 4

• it's pretty basic but yes, just the way most are wired.

• Girls are like that until they turn 30. That's when they start to mature

• Women want what other women want

• "Do girls just want what they can't have?"

Isn't that the basic lesson of Genesis? Tell Eve she can't eat an apple, but she can have everything else in the garden... and suddenly she doesn't want anything else in the garden, she only wants the god-damned apple.

That's women in a nut shell. So says God.