She said to "Take your time"

Me and a girl I have known since freshmen year (~5 years ago) finally admitted to each other that we like each other more than friends. I have always liked her and covered my severe shyness around her because it was never just us 2, we were always with our group of friends. We went on a movie date yesterday and we were joking about my awkwardness and she knows that I am really shy around her. afterward (There was no kiss or anything, just an awkward hug) I told her in a text that I will get over my awkwardness and I was too nervous to say how beautiful she was in person. Overall the date was fun and she said it was too, she said that we should hang out again. But I want to know what she meant when she sent me "take your time" after I told her that. Will she lose interest in me if I don't get over my shyness? I need help here...

Most Helpful Girl

• She may have said that because trying to be less awkward or shy may take some time. Coming from someone that is the exact same way I know how difficult it can be for someone to overcome that. so she probably meant don't feel rushed about getting over your shyness. The fact that she said that shows that she's patient, so I'm sure you're fine.

What Girls Said 1

• No the fact that she said take your time means that she'll let you go every step at your own pace. Sure you were friends for a long time so you think it would go fast. But friends and love are different. You need to start "anew". Just try to relax, and enjoy. It'll work out by itself.

What Guys Said 1

• I think she means exactly what she said..."take you time" meaning she is willing to accept you as you are and take time for you to get over your shyness.Just keep doing what you said you would do .ie "get less shy around her". I think that she likes you too... Just be your self and never afraid to express yourself to her. But don't be clingy and

needy...that is how you would lose her.