Kiss on the Cheek - Sign of Interest or Just a Friendly Kiss?

This girl I've known for a few years (5ish) and I were hanging out briefly at a bar after a college basketball game (we met up). She couldn't stay long so we chatted for a few minutes and stuff. Just before she left, she gave me a kiss on the cheek which completely caught me off-guard. The thing is, she was slightly inebriated (drunk). Not to the point she was plastered or slurring her words but buzzed.

Another thing is, we are sort of family but not really. Her uncle is currently dating my mom (we met through them obviously). I' m not too worried about this but still a little hesitant. Anytime we'd see each other, we'd just hug like family does and this kiss was out of the ordinary. She has never kissed my family members on the cheek.

Should I take this as a sign she's interested or just a drunken, not thinking kind of deal?

Thanks in advance for (any) answers.

By the way, she is fairly shy but is obviously comfortable around me.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's very much interested. Her being buzzed gave her the courage to give you that sign of a physical touch w/her lips. If this were normal around your fams to hug and kiss, then I'd say don't read too much in2 it. She knows what she did, and if she's shy, she'll be waiting for your move . . .

What Girls Said 4

• If it continues or she gets flirtatious with you, or if it was some super long "sensual" kiss, then yea it could be more than a kiss. But other than that, fact being she did have some liq in her system, she could have just been a little friendlier than usual because of that. Spanish people, or random cultures, or just a normal way of greeting and saying later to someone in many parts of the world, a kiss on the cheek is like breathing air. Wait until she's sober and if it repeats on her part, then maybe somethings going on there. Don't make it awkward by asking.

• I think I would only kiss a guy on the cheek if I were interested. I mean I am American and I don't typically kiss guys on the cheek. Come to think about it I've only kissed my boyfriend on the cheek, therefore I would think she is interested.

• I am American as well. I always thought a kiss on the cheek as a formal thing was a European or Western thing so that's why I asked. Thanks for the reply. :)

• Well you're over reading it. She was drunk. Alcohol makes people horny.

• I kiss on the cheek every single person I meet. It's the way we *greet each other* over here, whether it's men or women. Yeah, European stuff.

But as you said she's generally shy and never acts like this, I would think it's the alcohol .

What Guys Said 2

• Well, it seems that she's interested.

• Sign of interest.