Why do you date outside of your race

I am not trying to set any trouble but I was always curious as to why do people date outside of their race.

I once dated a Caucasian guy, I am black/Spanish and I just never understood what he liked about me. I know I am attractive but why? I eventually loved him because he was very respectable and treated me well. Then I dated an Asian, same thing, but when I date within my race the guys are more stubborn and rude, is it because we have similar cultures that they act this way. don't get me wrong though each race has screwups. but if you ever dated outside of your race why?

Just curious

Most Helpful Guy

• I date girls irrespective of their race. Of the times I dated outside my race I just was attracyed to those girls and they had great character too. If any of them were from my race I would have dated them too. That how I see it at least.

Generally too many people stereotype a person based on their race and will date accordingly almost disregarding who that person is and whether thaey actually like them for them. I think culrure is more of a thing than race. I'm black and grew up in the suburbs. Culturally I have different cultures, but most of my neighbours are white and tend to live a certain lifestyle that I have gotten used too. I like black girls too because of the cultural background of my parents and extended family who mainly live in "black" areas.

There is beauty in all races and it is important to find someone you have things in common with. I love classical music and am a bit of a hipster and hardcore gamer so I'm much more I likely to be attracted to a girl with similar tastes or who understands that culture. Most girls into that kind of thing are white so purely on numbers I'm likely to date a white girl. There are black, Hispanic, Indian and Asian girls who may be into that culture as well and I would date any of them provided I found them attractive.

I absolutely abhor self-haters or people who rank races and if they date a certain race higher or lower and see them selves as superior or inferior for dating a certain races. I don't take people who rank someones race as a primary reason for dating someone seriously

What Guys Said 8

• Well you either connect with someone or you don't. Obviously your race didn't matter to those 2 you dated. What did matter is who you are.

• It depends on what the culture of the guys in your ethnic group+region of the world is.

I'm a black American, and I have no problems dating outside of my race. I have found many different types of women attractive of many different ethnic groups.

WHY do I date outside my race? For two reasons:

1) I don't find only black women (American and around the world) attractive; I find all types of women attractive.

2) On pure numbers alone, the % of women in the USA that are black is 14%. That's one of out every seven women (1/7). Why would I only RESTRICT myself to only black women and disqualify 86% of the women in the USA based on race alone? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

• Something different and just find girls of that race beautiful, I like the personality of a lot of black girls

• Because my penis tells me she's attractive.

• There's a tremendous amout of wisdom in these few words. . .

• I have dated outside my race because Latinas seem to really like me for some reason, lol

• We date outside of our race because we find the other person attractive, physically and personality.

• That's right...attraction isn't pigeon holed to one ethnic group!

• Sure. I have found several black girls to be attractive. So if I find you attractive and you're not ghetto and can speak correctly, I'll date ya :)

• I live on an island not much ghetto girls here, so I never really understood the term

• Ghetto is really stupid. It's not hard to speak correctly and not always have an attitude. I hate people who are always angry, or bitchy, or feel like they're owed something because of history. So that's good there are few ghetto girls there, I wish more black girls in America were like that too.

• "I know I am attractive but why?" That's basically the answer. Plus it turned out that you were a cool enough person to keep dating.

Why did you date a white guy and an Asian guy? Were there ulterior motives for dating them?

• I wanted the experience and I had liked it

What Girls Said 5

• I personally don't care what race a guy is. I feel like if you limit who you'll date based solely on race you're doing yourself a disservice. I'm mixed (black/white) so I've never thought or been told that dating another race was unacceptable, so maybe that's why it's easier for me than some people to be open to dating other races...

• Because white guys are hot. :D

• absolutely black, and Spanish

• I think the saying, familiarity breeds comtempt exists. If you already know somethings about the person because of their background as its the same as yours, maybe it takes the fun out of dating etc, they probably think eh she's like xyz I know…also you'll find maybe they find you boring (doesn't mean you are), they would've seen so many people similar to you….

I once dated a Caucasian too, he was so nice overall but our relationship wasn't worth all the odd glances people gave us when together, the lack of not understanding each other and having such different backgrounds. I sort of felt he thought he was better than me (because quite honestly when you live in Sydney and everyone including some new migrants give caucasions so much importance, they start think they are special).

The good thing I guess about someone in your own race is that they relate to you, share similar qualities & values but yeah they can take you for granted, sometimes find considered superior groups more alluring/facsinating and since they think they already know things about you from being with girls/relatives of same background they don't see the need to really go out of their way, they think ah she's so similar to me….nothing that special ah

I dated Danial @ uni like 3 years ago because he seemed nice and asked me, he was r. sweet sometimes, use to bring me hot chocolates during breaks, be there for me etc….and eventually asked me out so I said yes! I liked him as a person, not really for his race….i have friends who want to date caucasions/other non-Indian races because they think their nicer, cuter, sweeter then their Indian counterparts but the grasser is always greener…. I never want to be that person because then I'd start to see weaknesses in any race of guy I meet, would love to like/hate someone on an individual basis

There are always gonna be douche bags in everyrace, I'm Indian, I can't tell you there are some Indian guys out there who love white/other girls because they feeling they are missing out on privillages, an opportunity to have mixed babies…...but there also some really nice, sweet Indian guys who love their own girls and to me have the best of both worlds, still share similar values but are modern too as they help cook, clean up etc…

• I date outside my race because I mostly find white guys attractive and guys of other races. I don't have a problem with interracial dating and its something that I support. Even though some people may be against it's a personal choice, so I don't let others influence what I do.