How do you greet a blind date?

Simple hello

Handshake

Hug

Kiss on cheek

• Simple "hello"
  • Hug
  • Handshake
  • Hug and kiss on cheek

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends if she's attractive or not.

If she's not, a simple hello will do.

If she's attractive, a simple hug will do.

What Girls Said 10

• I like the idea of a nice quick hug when meeting a date. A firm handshake might feel more like a formal greeting before a job interview!

• I would start with a simple 'hello' and possibly a handshake. But I feel like hugging and a kiss on the cheek may overwhelm the other person.

• I don't think I would hug them at first... maybe by the time we're saying goodbye if I like them.

A hello or a handshake is enough.

• Simple hello, I hate being touched by people I do not know

• A simple hello will do..

• just say hi and introduce yourself then have small talk or something.

• A firm handshake and a big smile.

• Congratulations! The job is yours!

(Probably better to just stick with talking rather than to handshake as well; I would be weirded out if a girl offered me a handshake upon meeting me)

• Handshake with a giant smile :)

• A simple but encouraging hello! :)

• Definitely kiss on cheek twice (that's how we do in France). But not hug

What Guys Said 15

• It all depends on "What you look like" - If she is HOT, something HOT will follow a welcome smile with a hug. If she looks nice for ever lasting relationship, - a strategic move for "Slow but steady wins the race", but a welcome smile and a hug will be there.

• First you pat their guide dog hahahaha

• Hug.

Kiss at the end of the date if it goes well and feels right, although there's not always an opening for it.

• Go with a hug. it's safe, shows confidence and it is a gentle touch which shows interest and that you are not uncomfortable. If he/she is uncomfortable hugging, then it's a very good indicator of how the date will go and how comfortable the person is with themselves. Basicly, if they aren't OK with a hug, run.

• 1. Greet

2. Quick Hug IF she comes forward and starts to move into position; otherwise keep things friendly and talkative

No kissing on first date except possibly on the cheeks at the end (if things went well)

• I'd go with hello since you don't know the person well enough to do anything else.

• Id say hello with a handshake...some girls are VERY antsy about being physically touched by a guy they don't know, so a handshake is a way to break the physical barrier without being invasive. :)

• My girlfriend now was from a blind date and we have been dating for a year. When I went to pick her up at first it was awkward, but then I saw a photo on her wall from a marathon and I am a runner that was the ice breaker the rest of the night was easy from three.

• dudee NOOOOOOOO! Why do you think they call them blind dates? Cause half the time you wish you WERE blind when you go on these dates...

• hahahaha xD

Lets be blind on our first! :D

• hahaha NO! I wanna see all of that goodness! I mean... wtf are you gay brah? I don't roll that way cuhzz!

• I don't go on blind dates, and I don't ask out random women I don't know.

• Handshake goes for me. It's my default form of greeting regardless of the situation.

• I like a simple handshake but some people like to hug

• are you serious with this question

• Unfortunately yes :(. My game with women is terrible and some of the most obvious things aren't so obvious to me

• I'm gonna go with the handshake.

• A hand shake is overly formal for a date. It is better suited to doing business. It shows coldness and lack of confidence on a date.

• Hello/hug.

Never early enough to start KINO.

• just be yourself, be natural and be real. you're over thinking it.