Would you date a girl with a criminal record?

Just found out the girl I'm going out with has a criminal record for Robbery, Battery, and then Aggravated Battery with a deadly weapon. I beleive the last is a felony.

So I've been with her for a month, and she told me a story about hitting or attacking her ex or something. I then became a little suspicious and ran her name in public court site. That's were I saw the history. I mean she seems nice to me, but since there are 3 arrests and then going from regular battery, to aggravated battery, should I assume this will continue. The arrests were from 2008-2010

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the crime. If the crime had a victim, such as in the crimes you mention, no I wouldn't date her.

If it's a victimless crime (for example drug use), the fact that she's been convicted wouldn't bother me per se. However, I wouldn't for example date an addict even if the addiction was legal.

What Girls Said 5

• If this was a LONG time ago and she was clearly a totally different person at this point, then maybe, but this happened just three years ago. And I think it's another mark against her that she wasn't honest (completely honest anyway) about all of this herself. My advice is not to get further involved with her. I would not date a guy in that situation.

• I know I certainly would not date a male with a criminal record like that. Women can be just as violent as men. Their rate of imprisonment is growing at twice the rate of men. I'd avoid that girl if I were you.

• My god. RED FLAG !

She attacked her boyfriend which means that she may do it to you as well.

She's done it enough times that you could assume it will happen again.

Keep in mind you are the company you keep unfortunately.

• With a history like that I'd head to the door. I understand that people make mistakes, especially for example, if the person is young, immature, impulsive and just made a bad choice. However, you're talking about a 2 year time span and a felony. I had a crush on a guy and was ready to date him. I found out he had a record too, for disorderly conduct. It happened once. I didn't hold it against him give the circumstances.

• No I wouldn't. I want my women crime free.

What Guys Said 5

• No I wouldn't and neither should you, it's insane. Because next on that list will be murder in the first degree, you being the victim.

Just my opinion, if you like living with a little bit of danger, go for it.

• Sure why not, that type of past only determines how she will treat you if you pissed her off.

• The question is: would you break up with a girl with a criminal record?

• Her reason is . . .

• I haven't confronted her with hit yet

• I would not