Who has it worse in the dating world: Ugly men or ugly women?

Who has it way worse and why would you say so?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think ugly women. ugly men are generally told if they get enough confidence, enough status, enough money, be funny enough, what have you, they can redeem themselves and makeup for lack of good looks.

Ugly women are just ugly. Women are generally criticized for their looks far more than men are. Women have been traditionally valued for their looks for a very long time in history. Today is no different.

I can relate. No one I know thinks I'm ugly, people tell me they think I'm very pretty, beautiful, really cute, etc., I don't even think I'm ugly, but I am fat which is pretty much the same for a woman in this society. So I know what ugly girls feel like. We're in the same boat sometimes. I don't have men tripping over their feet to get to me either, hardly anyone asks me out, I'm always single. However, I've seen girls who aren't very pretty (nothing wrong with that) BUT who have hot bodies. Being "eh" or a bit/moderately ugly doesn't seem to matter for even the very shallow guys if you have the body to make up for it. I have known a few women like that.

However, I'm not trying to dismiss whatever insecurities and dating struggles that "ugly guys" have. I'm sure we all feel like our own little corner of the world is particularly sh*tty at one point or another.

What Girls Said 17

• That's a tough one! It's a very interesting question too. I think both. Because unfortunately todays world is focused on looks and large number of people would never give a chance to them. it's hard for "ugly people" to date when everyone wants a barbie doll or a hot superstar. But I can't say if the women considered ugly have it worse than guys who are considered ugly. Though it depends what you consider as ugly too. Maybe guys are a bit more f***ed up - a p**** is still a p****, but guys get to be more criticized and rejected in general so maybe if they are concidered ugly too that applies in the same way.

• I think ugly men have it worse. At least ugly girls could try to fix their self's up with make up and stuff like that. But ugly men can't even try to hide it at all.

• Ugly women for sure. Ugly men get ignored by women but ugly women get treated like dirt by both men and women.

• Woman have it worst because man would look at an unattractive woman and not even acknowledge her because all they look at is beauty but deep down she may be beautiful inside,but a woman can see an unattractive man and still like her,true some woman are pickie but at the end of the day all a woman wants is a good,funny and a man that will treat you right so if you got one of them they would be with you,not to brag or anything but I am an attractive woman and all I see or look at in a man is either a good guy or a good sense of humor.so yes woman got it worst.

• Honestly riches don't matter to me.. If an ugly old guy lol or ugly middle aged guy or guy I'm not attracted to period... asks me out I don't care how much money he has I'm not dating him lol -.-

I think ugyly guys in the dating world lol have it harder... but then again ugly girls have it harder to.. it hink in the end... if you don't have looks going for you you'll find somebody if you have an attractive personality

• I also won't date a guy just because he's attractive.. I'll try to find one I am attracted to that's near my age... and is a nice person.. but just because a guy has money I'm not dating him lol

• Ugly women. I don't care what my guy looks like, as long as he's nice, and any decent girl that deserves him wouldn't care either. If an ugly guy gets love, it's only love that he can know will last. On the other hand, most guys watch a looooot of p*rn. So do some girls, but female p*rnstars and women celebrities put unrealistic expectations out there that leave men unsatisfied with anything less. I've seen it happen a million times, and the guy as well as the girl is always hurt by this.

• Unattractive men have it worse.

Females are biologically predisposed to seek out mates with good genetics to pass on to the offspring while males are biologically predisposed to spread their 'seed' to almost anyone.

What better way to determine someone's genetics than by their physical appearance. Society teaches us different but primal urges still run deep.

• lol its funny how people try to use that argument in favor of men spreading their seed to anyone AND being picky and worrying about _their_ offspring. which of the million seeds they toss out a year, is _theirs_

• Ugly women for sure.They get ignored and stepped on.

• Definitely ugly men

• Ugly girls. If a guy has game or money he can get by

• hmmm...tough question...I would say ugly women and ugly men unless the ugly man is super rich.

• Ugly women for sure. because we girls can see past a mans looks how ever all men care about is looks>

• I think it's really easy at first to think that ugly men have it way worse than ugly women because let's face it, in the end, ugly women are women and they have more "opportunities" to find someone especially considering how sex and companionship is a VERY important factor for men in choosing a mate.

However in nowadays' society women's confidence is very much tied in with how she looks. Even if an ugly woman manages to get a great boyfriend (that is one that doesn't use her just for sex or to fill the emptiness in his life) she'll get looks, other women will most likely either pity her (when she's used) or hate her (when she gets a great guy) and talk bad about her. Not to mention her guy might feel pressured to dump her especially if he's more attractive than her because his guy friends might inadvertently states how ugly she is or he could turn into one of those guys that claim to his bros he's with her and she loves him so much and thus even if he cheats, it's okay she'll get back..

Overall it's really easy to see how an ugly woman can have it much worse than an ugly man, not in the dating scene but in life generally. They have to overcompensate by putting out, being very nice, being a doormat (because yeah who would stand an ugly woman that is full of herself? )

They have it much worse because women are expected to be pretty, to take car of themselves to be those sex babes you see everywhere in media.

Men however aren't expected to be handsome. If there is one thing they are expected to be physically it's having some muscle (which you can definitely work on). Men are expected to have character, charisma. Being a man implies lot of personality traits and behaviors. While being a woman is mainly about your body and how you go and advertise it.

• ugly women cause we care what we look like and you will end up with in life. guys only date a girl for looks at first. and we don't wanna feel unwanted and ugly. that destroys every girls self esteem. our life sucks:(

and if you were ugly but really sweet, the girl wouldn't care. unless she is really shallow. In that case you wouldn't want her anyways. not worth it.

• Ugly women. Trust me on this one

• Unattractive women,

Sure, it's easy for any women to get laid, but generally society, particularly men still pretty much judge women exclusively on looks, and if you got hit by the ugly stick no amount of hardwork success and achievement will make up for that. you're stuck where you are.

Men, short of being grossly disfigured, can always make up in status for what they lack in looks be it superficially or otherwise with money, power, success, charm, charisma, good deeds, confidence or personality.

• @Men, short of being grossly disfigured, can always make up in status for what they lack in looks be it superficially or otherwise with money, power, success, charm, charisma, good deeds, confidence or personality.

_______no they can not. not by the people who judge based on looks in the first place.

• "Unattractive women"

If men are unattractive,at least the know they can earn tons of money and be successful and at least sort of "buy" a partner.Since a lot of women just "want to be taken care of" so they could care less what you look like as long as you make sure they don't have to pay for anything or go back to the poorhouse.

Women who are generally considered unattractive in societies standards,may have difficulty finding a partner because of ageism AND their looks.Also,as we all know,a lot of men tend to go for younger...But in todays world,women have the ability to earn money and sort of..."buy" a partner as well.But I also believe that some of these women deemed unattractive sometimes just partner up with whomever is free out of desperation,or that biological clock.While men,can get with a potential Miss America because he is WEALTHY and knows he has his pickings.

Just look at DONALD TRUMP.

My point exactly.

What Guys Said 12

• Ugly guys. Hands down, no contest. Why? Well...

Any ugly girl looks good after a few beers. An ugly woman can make up the difference with good cooking skills and eager lovemaking. If an ugly woman has a hideous face but a good body, she's going to be OK. It takes a LOT for a man to totally dismiss a woman, something about boobs...

Men have far less expectations and requirements out of women, usually just a face and a chest will do. HOWEVER...Women look for far more in men. If one qualification fails to meet a woman's list: God help him. How many times do we hear women say that infamous line, "Nice guy but not my type." eh? Way too often. You can't get a woman drunk enough to be with an ugly guy. Nor can you convince her with personality over looks, otherwise there would be a lot of ugly men with women which is not the case at all.

If ugly men had it easier than women, I'd have these college hoes all up in me bigtime. Reality being what it is. Trust me, I can't pay a woman enough money to date me. I'm not talking about prostitution, whole different topic.

I've never dated a pretty woman before, they were all average to just downright gross. You should have seen that PHAT chick I banged many years ago. Her profile said, "average looks and volumptuous body" WRONG! If that isn't a fact that ugly women have it easier...you are in typical feminist denial.

I can go on all day and well into tomorrow on this. Ugly men have it worse, but not by much!

• "Any ugly girl looks good after a few beers."

Who wants drunk guys?

• I am gonna say ugly women assuming you're talking about finding a relationship.

Even though they can be hit on, it'd be for really bad sex and she's be thrown out afterward. But honestly, most guys won't give them 2 seconds before needing to look away.

Ugly men know that if they can find a materialistic girl and buy their way in that they can get what they want.

• They both have advantages and disadvantages.

Ugly men have it bad when they end up going after the kind of girl that wouldn't date them simply because of their looks. Guys can sometimes work around this with money and prestige. Of course I think building relationships through your status and money is one of the biggest mistakes you can do.

Ugly women have it bad because the physical attractiveness of a woman has been burned rather heavily into society. They are expected to look and act a certain way. The advantage they have is there are guys who don't care or are so desperate enough that they don't care and will date anyone that shows them affection.

• ugly women. Why do you think make-up was invented for?

Ugly guys not so much, give an ugly guy a six figure salary, a house, a car of the year and top notch clothing.

You'll get women.

Zsa Zsa Gabor said: want a man who`s kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?

She also said: One of my theories is that men love with their eyes; women love with their ears.

Zsa Zsa Gabor

• When it comes to getting sex physically ugly girls can get some from some drunk dude. He might be a out to use her just for sex, and might be the best catch in the world but she can get some if she wants. Really ugly dudes don't really have that advantage. When it comes to personality, really ugly personality will be ignored by some guys if she's really hot and he wants to use her for sex. If a guy has a really ugly personality he probably won't get any... Don't get me wrong, plenty of a**holes get laid, but women actually think some of those traits are attractive even if packaged in worse ones. A guy that is overly passive, shy, unconfident will be seen as having an ugly personality even if he's really nice. So overall, ugly dudes have a harder time on both ends of the deal.

• Ugly men have it worse, women are pickier by far.

Also so long as a female is slim men are likely to find her attractive enough to persue, not the same the other way 'round.

• even ugly women can get sex

• They can, but

-it wouldn't be easy

-it wouldn't be the main thing theyre looking for

• it's a tie

• Being ugly is more of a disadvantage to women than it is to men, IMO.

A guy, no matter how good-looking he is, will hardly ever get hit on. An ugly girl will still get hit on sometimes, but far less than an average or pretty girl.

The one thing a guy truly needs is confidence. Some guys do try to base their confidence on their looks but that kind of guy is usually not very confident anyway.

That said, if an ugly woman shows her boobs or puts out more LOL, she can compensate a little for her ugliness. And of course she can use make-up whereas a guy can't.

• girls want abs a perfect face , perfect hair , life of the party , $$$$ , and a lot of other things . Girls get free drinks and can hide themselves in make up if they are ugly . Muscles don't change and ugly face . Girls have it easier

• Ugly women.

• Unattractive women have it worse. Men can make up for physical deficits by making lots of money.

And whether or not we are too politically correct to acknowledge it, looks are less important in men that on women.