If a girl isn't answering text, is it a queue that she doesn't like you?

I've been texting this girl back and forth for a while now. She used to respond to every text I've sent her but now she hardly replies to any of them. I'm not sure if I should take it as disinterest and stop pursuing her or if it would be better just to try harder. A few times I've ended up texting her at the end of her plan payment or whatever but recently I haven't even heard any excuses or anything.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe (See explanation)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to say. You can't always gauge a person's interest in you by text message quality/frequency. There are just too many factors you can't account for.

Go see her face-to-face. You can't stay in the virtual world forever. And she's more likely to fall for you from spending time with you in person, not via cell phone.

What Girls Said 3

• Not necessarily. How long is a while? I think you should ask her out and see what she says. I have a feeling she's been waiting for you to do it and is starting to lose interest thinking you won't. Either she's really not interested or it's time to move things forward, but there's only one way to find out.

• I'd say over the past year we've been texting back and forth casually. Like not an every day thing but she never ignored me before. And mid conversation too, it just seems altogether abnormal.

• In fact, I think I've been operating on just a friend's basis really. I'm not overbearing either so that's what confuses me the most.

• Oh, okay. Well, I'm more lax about replying to friends, especially if things get hectic. If you texted last, then I'd just leave it to her to reply or not. If she doesn't, I guess she lost interest in talking.

• Girls get busy just like you guys get busy. It doesn't mean they don't like you, it's just that they lead busy lives and they can't put it all on hold to answer your texts.

• Maybe you should call or go see her... texting can get boring after awhile.

• Not everyone can talk/hear on cell phones. While I doubt he is deaf or hard of hearing like I am, deaf people can only use text as a way to communicate.

• What about the going to see her or asking her to come to you part? You wouldn't try to maintain a relationship solely through text, would you?

• Haha no I'm not deaf but I don't like talking over the phone really. Phone calls make me anxious most of the time; I'd much rather talk in person.

What Guys Said 3

• id say its a lost cause...

• It's a strong possibility. Girls that have liked me before typically text immediately and often in my experience. I'm okay with not having someone reply instantly though, just not being replied to at all bothers me.

• no, and it's cue :P

• She's just busy.

It doesn't necessarily mean she's uninterested.

• It is final's week so that could be the reason.