Do you feel it's socially acceptable for a 40yr old to date a 21 year old?

how would you feel about this situation given that the man is the older one, and both people are responsible, well educated people

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would I feel anything. It's none of my business. People who go around looking at other peoples relationships & deciding if it's socially accepted or not are idiots so who cares what they think.

And it's "usually" the older washed up women who are pissed that the older guy is with a younger woman or a young guy who couldn't get a girl for the life of him & it bugs the hell out of him that a man twice his age is doing better then him. Why else would it bother anyone?

What Guys Said 6

• No, I don't think it is, at least not in America. Think about it, really. He's old enough to be your dad. You really don't have that much in common; oh yeah, maybe a few things. But for him it's probably mostly about sex with a young thing, and for the girl, it's about what he can do or get her. Think down the road, when you're 41, do you really want to be with a 60 y.o.? Not.

• it's gross and disgusting in my opinion

• he's old enough to be your dad

• It's really socially awkward, honestly.

• I'd have an issue with my daughter dating a 40 year old at 21. If they met on the internet? I'd never allow it.

• they met at work

• My Dad is pretty strict. If he had his way, my sisters would live in a cage and would only be allowed out to go to school. I just feel like people who are 40+ and dating 21 year olds have no business doing so. The maturity gaps are immense and noticeable in public and plus I think it just makes the guy look stupid. I get that old men like younger girls and it's an ego boost to most, but if one of my sisters brought home someone 40+, I'd feed them my fist. I think its wrong and weird.

• Plus my Dad is 46 and he'd freak.

• Some people will be for. Some against. Some won't care. Who cares what anyone apart from the individuals involved thinks?

What Girls Said 2

• It's up to people what they do no ones business really. Having said that it's highly unlikely it will last and if it does it most probably will end one day. A person can be be young at heart and another more mature for their age, but eventually the age gap does make a difference even if not now at some point it will. In this case I would just take it as a bit of fun and nothing more. But that's me. It's your choice.

• I wonder about his intentions to tell you the truth. He's old enough to be her dad, so it's obvious his reasons for going after her are looks and the ability to manipulate. Other than that, people at those stages of their lives have little romantically in common.