Why does he stop responding to my texts, EVERY TIME, and never continue?

This guy texts me everyday almost, but he never says "Bye" or "Goodnight." He just stop talking in the middle of a perfectly decent conversation. Then, the next day, he texts me "Hey," starting over. What gives? I know he texts me when he's busy, like at work and even with friends, so that isn't his reason... He texts me first too!

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex was like that.. if you are unhappy with it then make a joke about it when you see him. And ask how he would like it if you hung up the phone without saying goodbye? lol..If I were you though I'd use text for quick messages rather than full convo's.

Another suggestion is to just say goodnight and set an example... model the behavior you want to see.

• Do you think it means he's just not that into me? Also, could I just text him goodnight right now? It's been about 8 hours since he's stopped responding... I know it's kinda rude, but idk.

• Yeah, I tried that Friday when I was at a movie... All he said was "See ya," the problem is, I never know when he's going to stop responding, it's completely random. I feel like he's just texting me when he's bored...

• Well then just don't reply to him.. you said you will have convo in text so I assume you exchange at least 5 text. Just stop responding after 4. That's all. And keep yourself busy so you aren't thinking about it. Also when he text you don't reply for about 30 minutes. And honestly I hate that I'm giving you this advice because it really is playing games but I guess men need it sometimes lol . My ex did this same stuff. I never use to contact him when we weren't exclusive yet I was always confused

What Guys Said 2

• er... could he have fallen asleep? =P. anyway, stuff comes up you know? texting is a thing like, oh, I'll talk to you now, but if I have to do something important in real life, I'll put you on break for a little bit haha. I would suggest calling him and talking to him every now and again =P. and its kinda awkward continuing a topic that he kinda left hanging... haha.

• Well, you shouldn't over think about it.

At least, he's still interested in you.

• So he is still interested? I just figured it meant he was texting me just to text and didn't actually like me...

What Girls Said 2

• he has a girlfriend

• They broke up.

• What does that have to do with not responding? He's been doing it for a few months.

• hes distracted.. I have a friend who does the same thing..he is with his ex again..hes never been my boyfriend but that's what he would do too

• so rude.

• I know! It really offends me, like what do I say wrong? If it's so bad, why does he keep talking to me?

• im not really sure, Hun. I'm sure you are not doing anything wrong at all. Its just so incredibly rude and then for him to turn around and text you the next day like nothing happened. Id give him a taste of his own medicine and do it back to him. It just seems to be his style.