How do I know if she was being sincere by inviting me out?

There's a girl who I have a history of chasing in the past, though she's mostly kept me at bay. Just recently it was her birthday, so I wished her happy birthday when I saw her in person. She told me to come out and celebrate with her friends that weekend.

This was the first time she invited me to anything, so I said okay. However, I never got a follow-up text for details, etc., and I didn't want to text her because of all the chasing I did before. The weekend came and went and when I saw her around again, she acted like nothing happened.

So was she basically just saying it for the heck of it and not really meaning it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well she invited you so you should of sent her a text telling her that it would be great and asking where you should have met her. Also it was your birthday so she was probably busy that whole day! I think you should have texted her... By the way, if I didn't want a guy to come I would never text him asking to come celebrate, I only do that when I like the guy. I find it nonchalant way of asking him to join without asking him directly out.

What Girls Said 3

• She's not worth your time. Find a new girl whos actually worth the chase! She doesn't sound interested in you at all. If she really wanted you there that weekend, you would of been there.

• she probably invited so many people it didn't matter who showed up or not,sounds self centered to me

• Yeah pretty much

She wasn't sincere

What Guys Said 3

• Probably. Stop making girls your priority who consider you an option.

• Yea she said it for the heck of it. Sorry man.

• Just go out, and see for yourself.