I haven't heard from him for hours, should I worry?

Ive been texting a new guy and he's showed mostly interest and always answers my texts but he hasn't for five hours... going on six. Should I be worried he's lost interest or ignored me? How long should I wait till I know he's blowing me off?

Should I just text him tonight asking him "how was your day sir?' .. Cause what I sent him before wasn't really askng him anything I just said something silly so should I text him that or would that be clingy?

Most Helpful Guy

• A little persistence is okay because guys esp. in their teens, aren't comfortable expressing their feelings and often don't even consider whether they owe you any kind of transparency either way whether they really like you or don't care for you at all.

However if you try once, try twice, nothing happens, just imagine how bad it would be if you got into a relationship with him and a few months down the line he is only half as responsive as now. Not acceptable at all, right? That's reality. You deserve somebody who is into you without having to be reminded that you exist.

What Guys Said 4

• He's ignoring you but that doesn't mean he is doing it out of disinterest. Some guys think it makes them more desirable if they don't make themselves readily available, which is true, but it's easy to take things to far and create doubt.

• Yeah he usually takes 2-3 hours at MOST to respond, and I feel he's definitely interested cause he'll respond the moment he wakes up, even at 4am. He texted me this morning too at 7 and then I responded like 4 hrs later at 10ish and now he isn't answering. If he doesn't respond in a few days should I text him again? Or let it go?

• “There's none so blind as those who will not listen.” -Neil Gaiman, American Gods

• Oooh ha ha OK sorry you said to do it tomorrow! Okay I'm really sorry for all of these updates, they may be bothersome to you.. but should I just say 'hey' or should I suggest meeting up? or should I save the meeting up for later... if things work at all

• don't worry its been 6 hours he's probly busy

• IF he doesn't respond at all should I text him again in a few days saying hey? or will that annoy him?

• You shouldn't be worried. He's just busy.

• If I haven't heard from a girl in a week (which I haven't)...I think you'll be fine not hearing from him for a couple hours. I'm about to give up on mine

• IF he doesn't respond at all should I text him in a few days or is that a bad idea?

• well we've only really talked over fb/texting but used to go to school together and I had a crush on him then. and we've been texting for like a weekish. SO I dunno, what can I say to him? would he find that annoying or clingy? or shoudl I just wait till a few days pass?

• dont tell me what your relationship is like haha, that's not what this site is for...you run your own relationship

What Girls Said 4

• i wouldn't be worried if I were you. it's probably not intentional.

this happened a few weeks ago and he had just fallen asleep early. he finally got back to me hours later and when I said I was lonely earlier he announced that he was coming to see me.

• He's probably busy...I would wait until the next day and then text him again..if he stops responding all together he probably lost interest, but I wouldn't worry over a few hours.

• Yes you should really ask him. Its OK to initiate texts when you're a girl.

• I would wait until he text you. If he has lost interest, you texting him more won't help. He might be blowing you off but don't mind it. Do You. Wait till your in a relationship to go crazy. Then you have every right too. Oh... and don't give up the cookie so easy either... wait till your in a relationship for that too.