Need advice. She ignores me on Facebook/texts but is different in real life?

This girl I like is acting weird lol. we go to different colleges, so our method of communication is through fb/text. we hungout once and she knows I like her Because I once came on a little strong. we aren't dating but getting to know each other. Its been a month that she's been completely ignoring me. So one day I called her from my new phone which had a new # and she picked up not knowing who it is and sounded happy but really shy when she found out it was me. That was my 1st time calling her I saw her at a school gathering a few days ago and she seemed happy to talk to me. But she avoids me on fb/txt. She semed like she wanted to keep seeing me in person. I recently posted on Facebook a before/after progress pic of my 2 years of working out (im really into bodybuilding) because I made a huge amount of progress. I got about 80 likes and she liked it and didn't message me but when I msgd her she kinda responded but still avoided a bit. she's also a really shy middle eastern girl that doesn't wear hijab (the scarf) but has strict parents. We both practice islam moderately. Why does she avoid me through text/fb but in person seem like she wants to keep seeing me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Maybe she just doesn't like having a conversation via text or FBI. I'm the same way actually. People text me, fbk me and I don't reply.. Sometimes, it's just annoying to text and message. If I do respond it's short answers. Pick up the phone and call her.

What Girls Said 6

• Not everyone takes Facebook SO seriously.And some people would rather have facetime as opposed to impersonal texts and FB messages.

• the ego guys get when body building is the biggest turnoff, you don't need to publish it on fb

• I think she just prefers hanging out in person rather than online. Maybe having texts and FB messages leaves evidence of you two liking each other. No offence, but women in Islam are very restricted and she probably has a family member who checks her phone for guys etc especially if she has strict parents. And if they follow Islam strictly then they probably will want her to have an arranged marriage.
    The fact you got 100 likes on a photo suggests you're quite popular so that could be why she feels shy to talk to you. Just speak to and see her in person more often.

• You screwed it up coming on too strong. You changed her opinion of you, especially with the bodybuilding. She expected a certain level of respect and you crossed it. Now you need to make up for it if you even have a chance.

• I did keep my respect. What I meant by coming on strong is after our first hangout I texted her saying thanks and that she looked really nice and her outfit was pretty. I guess I complimeneted her like that way too soon since it was after one hangout? I've lightly complimented her on a few fb photos before w/o anything bad happening, but things changed after this. she started getting uncomfortable and taking longer to respond. I didn't realize this until a few weeks after

• Oh, and another thing. If you're bodybuilding and you came on strong with her before, she could just be worried you're not the kind of guy she wants to be with, that she can't trust you... you've got pics of yourself all muscly on FB and all these chicks are probably clicking "like" on it... how do you THINK that makes her feel if she IS interested? She's probably terrified to start something with you, so she's just keeping her distance, being polite and nice.

• OHHHHHH well in THAT case, it sounds to me like she's just not interested. Maybe she acts like she wants to hang out with you in person to be polite so you don't feel bad...

• I also dnt really have pics on fb showing my body lol. just that pic where its a before-after comparison. I'm pretty modest on fb

• I did keep my respect. What I meant by coming on strong is after our first hangout I texted her saying I had fun hanging out and that she looked really nice and her outfit was pretty. I guess I complimented her like that way too soon since it was after one hangout? I've lightly complimented her on a few fb photos before w/o anything bad happening, but things changed after this. she started getting uncomfortable and taking longer to respond. I didn't realize this until a few weeks after

• It sounds like she is the type of girl who is just friendly to anyone and gives off the social vibe in person. But in reality if she is not comfortable enough to carry a conversation with you on Facebook or text then she isn't interested. Having strict parents does not matter in this case since her parents do not monitor her interent history, I would assume of course she is in college, so it's not like this is the reason for her holding back.

• I agree. Sounds like she is just being polite and nice to you, but isn't really interested.

• Makes sense. in high school I remeber she was pretty strict with guys she talekd to. Before I came off strong, she was really close and msgd me in a way that she would to someone she liked. Like, she'd send me essays sometimes lol. but this all changed after I came on strong. I did show interest before I came on strong, and she didn't get scared off from it. but this whole thing started after I came on strong and it only got worst. guess she wanted it slow?

What Guys Said 3

• typical

• That's because she only wants to see you in person.It seems she doesn't want to go through those text/FB dramas.

• That's because she really wants to be with you.