Why are guys trying to date while wearing a wedding band?

Guys if your looking to date someone new. Don't you think removing your wedding ring would be a good idea? Why keep the girl guessing about you. It's a bit unsettling to have a guy trying to persuade you into going out with him. Is it a fake wedding ring to pick up more women? Possibly just a married currently separated/ cheater. I'm just looking for any possible explanation on this question.

Thank you to all who responded to this question. Mainly I was just curious about how others would respond to this situation. Pretty much everyone thinks the same way on this question. I have no plans on dating anyone wearing something that looks or resembles a wedding band...smh Thanks again everyone!

Most Helpful Guy

• This is just my take, whether or not it's accurate is up for debate, but I think the idea that someone is taken might make them seem more attractive, as you suggested. If that's the case, they're probably just looking for a one-night stand.

What Guys Said 1

• well this is a crappy answer but some guys are just stupid and don't realize that they have the ring on and are cheating on their wives or these men could have had there wife die and kept the ring on showing that they still miss them or something. It just depends on the situation.

What Girls Said 2

• My guess is some are not to bright. Why would any one want to date a married man.

• They are idiots. omg >.> Such a turnoff that he is probably a cheater! Run far away from these guys.