How to handle this situation?

I have know this girl for years and we recently both admitted we liked each other. We went to see a movie and it went well, so I decided to text her a bit between. The problem is that anytime I try to start up any conversation or anything, her replies are almost always one word or very short. I feel like I am just annoying her constantly, so I try to text her only like every other day but then I feel like I am not paying any attention. She sent me a nice picture of herself, and when I asked if there was something wrong she just said she was tired. So I said I will leave her alone for the night and she told me she wants to keep talking. I don't know what to do, I feel like I am annoying her and I can't make any conversation because of her replies.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• She's either playing games with you (some girls just really like the attention) or isn't a great at expressing herself via text. I think you should text her less than every other day, maybe only a couple times a week and only when you have something to talk about then she feels like she has to speak up because she won't know when you are going to text her again. Then you can't try toting more frequently if she responds well. I personally cannot stand small talk via text for too long. A little bit with a crush is good if its flirty and witty and the conversation is flowing but it doesn't sound like that's the case. You could also ask her out again and if she says yes then she probably is at least interested in getting to know you on that level

What Girls Said 2

• Don't read anything into her short replies - some people are really succinct in sms / instant mssging and others type it like they'd say it, conversationally. Tone can often be misinterpreted. She sounds to me like a very straightforward person so just assume she wants to hear from you until she specifically says otherwise.

• well, then make space let her first contact you, make it casual response same as her... don't think too much. if you hang out enjoy it.

What Guys Said 1

• You should ask open answered questions, questions not answerable by yes or no.