Is it bad if a guy checks out girls on the first date?

I went out to dinner on a first date with this guy. I noticed that while we were waiting he kept looking at one of the hostess girls working. She walked by and he checked her out, and then I noticed anytime that she was around he would glance at her. Is this something that is concerning or is it just what guys do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a maturity problem that I notice a lot of guys have. I seen married guys do this a lot too and it looks so desperate. I can understand every so often if a guy thinks "Wow... she looks great" but anything after that is ridiculous. I have been around people who have girlfriends who say things about a place being good to pick up chicks and married people who talk about girls at the gym and how good they look. It's honestly annoying.

• How is it annoying? Your not the one being checked out by them or hit on. You think its stupid so don't make then same mistakes as them.

• If I am at the gym I am there to workout, not check out chicks. Trying to workout with someone who is constantly distracted by girls is a problem. Things like this make me choose my friends carefully.

What Guys Said 21

• I think everyone else pretty much said it... it CAN be a "guy thing"- for some guys ... but yes, rude, disrespectful, immature and a portent of bad things to come later.

Sorry- but he sounds like a jerk. Find a real guy who has eyes for you- and only you. No matter how much we men enjoy feminine beauty in all its myriad forms, a "real man" will have eyes for ONLY you when he's out on a date with you... at the very least. Anything else is simply inconsiderate beyond words... really poor behavior.

If he's really into you he will have eyes for only you (and the red light firmly on) even when he's NOT out with you...

• It's just what guys do. As I told my wife, beauty is beauty whether you're talking about women or cars. You might be the most expensive, exotic, high end Porsche on the market sitting in my driveway. You're mine therefore you're the most important. You're the one I wash and wax and fully detail once a week. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy looking at the other Porsches and Lamborghinis.

• Bad analogy. Cars are inanimate objects and don't have feelings. In human relationships, all affairs begin with a partner eying people other than their spouse.

I wonder how you'd take it if you were out to dinner and your wife kept making eyes with the waiter.

• That's one of the worst comparisons I've ever read. And fyi, it's not what "guys" do, it's what inconsiderate, immature males do.

• It actually has nothing to do with feelings. The comparison is about beauty alone. She didn't say anything about him making eyes with her, just that he kept looking at her. It doesn't mean he was more interested. And rocksongwriter, you act like you know me or something. For your information I have caught my wife looking at other guys she thought were good looking. She's caught me looking at beautiful women plenty. Thing is we are both secure enough in our marriage to not get our feelings hurt.

• Yes it's bad if it's on the first date already. It shows he had interest in her whilst with you.

But all men look at other beautiful women, because women usually look at us when we are with another woman.

When we are not with another woman they almost never look.

Some men are just respectful and hide it.

• sometimes it happens, especially in the first date when both of you not so open and comfortable to each other. Nervousness, hesitation, conversation( lack of topic) can lead to a standstill and you keep on staring a something for sometime, May b this time he got bored of the ceiling he was looking at and started to wander his eyes. May he himself was not conscious that he is glancing at the hostess.so no need to worry. At that point you should innitiate some conversation and make him feel easy and comfortable

• Guys do it but he's got to be smoother than that. It's not a very good sign that he cares about your feelings.

• You can not control people. The hostess is there because she is good looking. If she was a dog the restaurant wouldn't do very well attracting business. Straight men look at good looking women.

• I'd be concerned. That's rude and if you don't have the ability to control yourself (it is controllable) on FIRST IMPRESSION you might as well just say "Goodbye chica!"

• All guys do it, he probably did it more frequently because it was a first date and it wasn't serious as being married.

• First date and already looking else where is only a sign that he may not be interested, not to mention very rude.

• It's very bad.

Wandering eye...

• It's natural for EVERY guy to glance for a second. It's evolutionary and it's nothing wrong with that. However, it's rude to just sit there and ogle, especially when you're on a date

Also, it's just a first date. You two aren't exclusive yet and neither has that kind of authority on the other to say who they can't talk to, date or look at.

But if you are getting exclusive and he still does that, then there could be some problems.

• He might not know that he is doing it, let him know he is being disrespectful

• You girls are sometimes look at things which makes no sense...A hot girl always get a man attention no matter what...

• It's a little disrespectful in my opinion. When I'm out with a girl, my attention is 100% on her. Give him another shot though. If you notice he keeps doing it, I would be concerned.

• Its rude since he's out with you. He can do that on his own time or at least be more discreet about it

• See if he does it on the next date or two and if he does drop him... he's not worth it.

• he wants to have sex with you, and probably other girls too

• That's really rude of him.

• It is most likely a sign of bad things to come. Move on and find another non rude guy.

• We're guys and prone to look at pretty girls. His mistake was to do that on a date. he should've had enough sense to know you'd might notice and take offense.

• yeah kinda

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, it's a bit rude. Most guys learn quickly that they shouldn't act like that, especially as a first impression. He may have been doing it on purpose to make you feel jealous and insecure. I'd step way back to figure out his true intentions.

• hahah he obviously is TRYING to show the lady his interest, and waiting to see any signs of interest in return. he's a dog if he's doing this on a first date.