Oh, miscommunications. Should I contact him again? Or...

I've seen this guy 3 or 4 times already. He's very nice, and seemed genuinely interested on each outing. It's been a bit since I've seen him, but usually I'd text him about once a week, and he's initiated texts to me a fair amount as well. Last weekend, I sent him a text. He responded a day later, with a "hey!" but I didn't realize I had the text after 2-3 days. I requited the "hey!" response with another similar greeting acknowledging his text, but that was it. It's been about 4 days now, and I haven't gotten any response. Never really understood our communication terms; I personally just think we're on two different pages in the "texting department", especially considering he's a bit older than me. Or maybe he's annoyed at my seemingly curt response after those two days? I don't know. No two people interpret text the same way, and I've discovered firsthand what a nightmare it is, if you aren't familiarized with the person. I just wanted to know if it was appropriate for me to contact him in this situation again... I don't know what in the world is going on. Should I text him? Should I call him, even though we've never really phoned much beforehand? Should I even inform him about my confusion, or just let it go?

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that he's just being friendly with you. If you want friendship text him again. If you're not, it's better to stop wasting your time and effort.

What Girls Said 1

• so wait you just said hey back? no wonder he hasn't responded, at least ask him a question or something. initiate some sort of conversation!