Made a friend who is a girl (and who rejected me) cry talking about my dating life

I have a friend who is a girl that I am really close (essentially joined at the hip) with and have known for 3 years.

We have almost everything in common and love to do the same things.

We do hang out a lot and on several occasions I asked her if I could take her on an "official" date (because I think the person you should date should be one of your best friend and she might not be there but is sure close) and she turned me down every time.

We are close but really hadn't discussed our dating lives with each other but we decided to make the effort to be open about those type of things.

She is "dating" and I am dating. This isn't a case of being on her hook at all.

There are several dates I have gone on or have planned that I know she would love. Her most favorite things in the world but her favorite things are my favorite things. Long story short, she started balling when I started discussing these things with her, 3-4 things I had originally wanted to take her to but she said no.

Anyways, I don't understand this behavior. I gave her every chance in the world to say 'yes' and she shot me down over and over. She is dating someone else. Frankly she shouldn't 'care' about my dating life in that way - in terms of being emotionally impacted by the discussion - regardless of the date ideas.

Meeting up with this girl next weekend to discuss after taking a week away from each other. I don't really understand why she is emotional about it nor do I know what to say to her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Like I said, we are both currently dating other people. I am not on her hook at all.

I am not waiting around for her at all.

No she isn't my "best friend" (like I said) but we are really close.

I just don't understand why she would cry over what I do with other women.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd leave it be if I were you. If she's your best friend, she knows that you're a good guy and you have a lot to offer. If she doesn't want it, then I wouldn't stay hung up on her for very long.

On another note, yes, your partner should be your best friend. However, I don't think it's necessary to start out that way. Granted I didn't really understand the things that people were talking about when they talked about things like this, but basically, I thought that a guy and girl had to be friends with each other and then somehow realize that they were meant for each other. Well, it didn't work out so well for me. I basically learned how to friend-zone every girl I met and didn't act on anything. Just a word of waning. I'm going to write an article about it later on.

What Girls Said 1

• That is real unforunuate that she keeps turning you done. But I would just walk away and completely get out of her life. I think that if you walk away and let her be for a while she might come around...that is if she really does care about you.

If not there are plenty of fish in the sea and you will find someone someday. But don't wait around for her. Keep yourself busy with your favorite activities. Is it really worth to keep trying?

What Guys Said 1

• You're just friends, and it would be bad if you're looking something serious with her.