Do you miss cheesy romance from 80s and early 90s?

I kind of miss the cheesy romance that existed in the 80's and early 90's

I don't know if cheesy romance still exist but with the computers and online dating and movies like "no strings attached" and "friends with benefits" and every song is a hip hop song about sex and club girls, I feel cheesy romance is kind of very dead now, and I kinda miss it. LOL.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the problem is that you're comparing movies from the past to reality of today. Today's movies might have gotten a little raunchier but the majority of romantic comedies are still cheesy and adorable. I highly doubt that people in the 80's and 90's actually did those things like in the movies just like people don't now. Real life is not the movies and I'm willing to bet that relationships weren't all that different back then.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah. Like John Cusack with a radio at your window...um yes please. I feel like girls still want that but guys think it's stupid.

• Really? I feel like girls think its stupid and guys don't want their girl to think they're stupid and uncreative.

• Well yeah you gotta be original

• I don't think it's about originality.

I think it's much more about a guy having the guts to show his intention, to risk appearing stupid or even uncreative. You can use the cheesiest, most cliche, most uncreative idea to win a girl over if you can do it while giving off a laid-back, confident vibe of " I don't care what anyone thinks or how cliche this is"

• No . I hate romance

• OMG YAS. RIP to cheesy romance.

• I feel the same :(

• I totally miss it. I'm a sucker for cheesy romance

• Yeah I miss the sweet R&B love songs. I love new jack swing

• Meh, I did like sixteen candles. But not all of them were cheesy, they were actually heartfelt.

• Yes I miss them sometimes.

• Grow up.

What Guys Said 4

• Cheesy doesn't get you laid in most cases; what's ineffective often dies off in an industrialized society

~ ArtistBBoy

• ... did you seriously just sign your screen name at the end of your comment?

• It's a signature that I've done for decades across multiple sites; a specific trademark to what I say. And your not the first to ask about it - a few have even slammed their head into the keybkjajslkjflkasjlfkjasfdklj

• Having the GF I have NO WAY I miss it, she's those types of romance personified lol - One of the names for her I've given is 'fantasy land' lol

• Romance movies should really be banned, as they give people unrealistic expectations. I kind of feel the same way about porno, it basically is showing men how to have sex in the worst way possible, just because it looks good. It reminds me of those bullshit McDojo's that teach you ridiculous things like flying roundhouse kicks and triple reverse somersaults, then you get into a fight and get knocked out by a straight jab or a hook because you're too busy dancing around to defend yourself. Basically now everyone thinks they are entitled to a relationship from a 10 who will give them epic sex three times a day. So when they actually get a boyfriend/girlfriend, and several months into the relationship one of them isn't in the mood one night because they have a headache, they think it's time to bail and look for someone better.

• I really miss it as well. Like how simple movies like Disney's.