Should I continue dating a........DADDY?!?

Recently, my crush Ryan, asked me out. We went to dinner and then to this old drive in movie. It was soooo much fun. He asked me on a second date and I also had an amazing time. After our 5th date, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I hesitated, but said yes. He is such an amazing and sweet guy. We've gone to firework shows, movies, dinner dates, and my parents even like him! Suddenly, all things went down hill. I was talking to some of his friends and the told me something. Around 2 months ago, he was dating Lauren Carlson.shes the popular girl at my school, and a total skank. Well she's pregnant. I was so stunned. I keep trying to ask him about it but I keep chickening out. I'm so confused. I mean, am I supposed to date this amazing guy who just happened to have a baby on the way? HELP ME!

quick update: Lauren IS pregnant. and unfortunately, Ryan IS the father. We talked about it and he said no matter what he is going to be there for his SON when he is born. I started crying and Ryan told me he loved me. But I'm still confused. Please help

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to talk to him about it. Its very important that you do. You need to figure out what he's going to do. Does he want to be in the child's life? How often does he want to see the child? Is he certain he doesn't want to be with her? Has he even talked in detail with the mother? After answering questions that you need to know and just talking about it you have to make a big decision. It can be hard being with someone who's a dad. My most serious relationship was with a guy who had a daughter. I loved his daughter to death and practically half raised her for a year. Now that were not together I hardly ever see her and it kills me. Also another BIG problem is baby mama drama holy sh*t can it be annoying and stressful. he's also going to be going through a lot of changes like becoming more mature and he will not only be responsible for himself but for his child its a lot for anyone to handle becoming a first time parent. he's going to be stressed out and worried alot. It will be a lot to handle for you to. I mean if you REALLY REALLY like this guy and y'all are going for a serious commitment then go for it but if you don't want the responsibility and commitment then call it off. Its possible to work around this but it won't be easy.

What Guys Said 1

• He has a child. He obviously is trying to be a good father, so kudos to him. I would walk away from the situation entirely if I were you. There are plenty of fish in the sea - go fishing!

What Girls Said 1

• hmm well that still doesn't tell you if he wants to be with you or the mom. You really have to find that out. You now know if y'all are together his son will become part of the picture make sure you can handle that like I said its a lot of responsibility. Does the mom know about you?