How do you feel about interracial relationships?

Do you dislike it? Or do you just view them as any other couple? Have you ever dated interracially? How would you feel if your child dated someone of another race?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ethnicity and genes are of minimal consequence for anything except actual breeding. Hybrid vigor is actually a good thing. However, culture is a yellow flag and religion a red flag. If dude and chick are from very different faiths, then making the relationship work is gonna be very, very hard if not impossible. And the children will likely be very confused. So avoid those situations if you can.

Culture is a yellow flag, for simple virtue of the fact that subtle little things can lead to hug miscommunications, resulting in a lot of fights over stupid things. Language is part of that. I've dated Filipinas, and language (and long distance) are nearly always factors that doom the relationship (along with meddling friends of hers. You can't date her unless you date her whole network.)

I've also dated black American girls. They fall into two categories: ambitious and irresponsible. Ambitious ones tend to friend zone me because their career goals come first. The irresponsible ones friend zone me because they want a tall black dude who will have regular unprotected sex with them. The former tend to be sweet, but unavailable. The latter tend to be bossy, but appreciate my willingness to help them out.

Koreans...beautiful, but impossible to crack. Chinese and Japanese likewise. True Europeans are...well...European. And their European sentiments are difficult to reason with.

My general experience with Hispanics...they either like bad boys too much, or they think they're above me. I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this. But my general experience in high school was with a Mexican girl who, quite frankly, was trash.

I enjoy inter-"racial" relationships. I just have a hard time finding a girl of good character from *any* group that is worth my affection.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't even think of it as interracial relationships usually. I just think of it as two humans who love each other.

I have never dated outside of my race but I have no qualms about it. If I love someone I love them it's as simple as that.

I wouldn't care at all if my hypothetical child dated anyone as long as they're a good person.

• Trying to see how people's opinions changed in a year? :P

• Yeah and he's very understanding of me keeping it a secret from my dad. He knows my mom is fine with it and his family loves me. I guess I just have to wait until I can move and finally be able to be a lot more open about it. Thanks for your answer:)

• You're very welcome.

• I have no problem with them, people can be with any person that they want to be with. I have never dated but I would have no problem dating a girl from a different race.

• I'll be honest I tend to go for girls of my race more than other races, though that might be partially due to oversaturation. But I still like girls of other races and wouldn't have any problems with dating someone of a different race.

• Depends what race! I did have a relationship with a women from argentina and she herself was a mixed breed as well. It's better to mix blood as much as possible. The new borns tend to be stronger healthier and more beautiful because there is more genes from where nature can choose from. Natural selection would be more able to work.

• A lot of people mention this about the genes but in reality is it true? I am half Western European and East Asian but I have a lot of health problems. I'm told I'm beautiful often but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• It does not mean that you will have no health problems or only a little, but the chances are less, the child will probably be healthier, that's the point (probability).

• Just any other couple. I have never dated anyone. If I had a kid it would be okay.

• it fine if it's not for the wrong reasons

• Personally I have no issue with it. I have no issue with anyone else dating interracially too. I would have a problem people dating black guys well ghettos especially. I will be very very against my sister dating a black or my friends, not because of color. But their attitude, characteristics and the way they behave. Ghetto culture, gun crime, violence, hip hop crap, how they treat women like sh!t, proportion of them incarcerated, unemployment, abandon their kids leaving poor single mothers on welfare. I don't see how any civilised person can act ghetto or what self respecting girl will date a ghetto.

Still their choice if they want to date black guys, but they better be willing to accept the consequences too. Black guys call it hit and run. Believe me statistics say if knocked up those girls be raising those kids on their own, be lucky if the get child support. Hence large no. of black single mothers on welfare. No parent, family or brother is going to accept somebody close to them ruining their life. I will stop my sister ruining her life no matter what, even if it meant tough love. Girls are emotional, discard any reasoning, common sense. Go blind even when facts are staring them in the face.

I have absolutely no problem with interracial relationships, not even with black girls. I don't have any problem with anyone close to me in interracial relationships, except ruining their life with black guys. Believe me no matter what guys say here most hold similar views to me. As they say white guys have no problem girls dating black guys unless its their sister or a girl they like.

• Just to add reading from your comments below. Your dad and family aren't going to change their mind, I've seen it happened. And I'm not from South. Pretty much most of US be same, some places a bit more "accepting", not necessarily happy with it.

So if you guys are becoming more serious and thinking marriage. You betetr make a decision now, instead of wishing or hoping they will change their mind. They wouln't.

• And also just to add. I never said I "wish" my family would change their minds. My mother is supportive and I know my dad is set in his ways. I never said I "hoped" things would get better. That's why I intend to move. And we've been serious for a while, like I said, 4 years. But again, thanks for your answer.

• Hey hope it works out for you. Good luck.

But regrettably where I am these aren't sterotypes.

• I think race is subjective. A Frenchman would probably consider a German to be of a different race. To Americans, though, white is one race, black is another, etc.

My view is people should be happy to have whatever relations they want.

In fact, genetic diversity is better for any potential offspring.

• I actually encourage it since it's a wonderful relationship to have.

• My views are somewhat convoluted to be honest.

If they truly truly care about each other, it's cool.

I've never dated interracially, but I'm not opposed to it. Though I'm more likely to go for some rather than others because of the issues they'll put you through. I don't know. We'll see.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't understand why in year 2013 this is still an issue.

• I don't understand either, but it is to some people.

• It's dumb, though. It's a huge issue with my family. My dad picked the town we were going to live in and the school I was going to attend based on the number of black people that live there. We lived in an all white town, and I went to a school with like one non white person. That's how scared he was that I was going to start dating black guys. He worried about it before I was even born, lol.

• Wow. My dad isn't THAT bad Lol But my current boyfriend is black and we've been together for four years. Not an ideal situation but I love him. My mom is supportive but my dad is definitely not. That's exactly why I'm moving away as soon as I can. It's why I wanted people's opinions who live in other places. I'm sure people will be against it no matter where I go but hopefully, it won't be as bad as my current town.

• I am indifferent

• I find it normal and have no dislike for it.

• I've always been a part of one, so they're cool with me. if you like someone, then you like someone.

• A relationship like any other.

• i've been interested in this topic since I was 13...

i live it, encourage it and try to surround myself with others with similar opinions.

the social and familial pressures make the relationship extra hard though. actually really hard.

the thing that bothers me is that some combinations are much more prevalent than others.

it's unfair that things are so unbalanced. it takes a lot of motivation to fight society.

• I don't have a problem with it at all.