Getting to know and dating a Born Again Christian

Here is the basic. I met a woman a year ago, been slowly getting to know her. We connect on many levels, have a ton of fun, very comfortable with each other, text and call often. Basically to sum it up, there is a spark between us. I'm cautious, she been out of a bad marriage for close to 2 years. When I first met her, she advised her heart not into it. Now recently we been going out more, shopping, dinners, movies, etc... Now this past week, we were eating and she told me, she can see herself with me, she can see herself really liking me and said she thinks I love her. WOW.. then she told me, she is a born again christian and that it is very important to her. Now she no preacher, she is not trying to convert me, just simply said... I can't become a born again just for her, I must do it for my heart. Not for love. Now, I believe this woman to be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, I've been all over the world. I'm greek so my family is Orthodox. I'm not so religious. I don't want to screw this up, cause I do think the world of this woman. I've been researching the Born Again Faith. I told her, that it is great, you can help lead me, teach me, thus bring us closer together. EVERYONE thinks we would make a great couple. most think we already dating exclusively. Has anyone out there had a similar situation, or simply any advice for me. We have spent close to a year getting to know one another, not on an intimate level, but a personal friendship level. Now we are entering the next phase... We talking about moving to Florida or Cali. I don't want to say what is in my heart simply to jinx it, but she definitely makes my heart skip a beat. She says I am the most patient and genuine man she ever met, and I'm 40, but look in my 20s. How can I approach her in a positive manner with respect to her religion and be open with her about joining. What is funny, I have always told my closest friends, I will not adhere to a certain religion out of fear, maybe I would meet a woman of my dreams and she is Jewish, or Hindi, or Muslim or Buddhist.. Just looking for advice here...

I am simply going to learn the religion and make my choice. I know this woman has opened doors in my heart I didn't know exist, I would climb any mountain, circle the globe for her. Beauty is easy, but her heart, soul and mind is what I am attracted too. I pray often and feel Christian so that is a plus for me. I simply don't want to screw this up, I care for her incredibly.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a Christian myself, I know how important it is to me to be in a relationship with somebody who shares that. My relationship with God is the most important in my life and being with a man who shares that automatically makes the relationship more intimate. I couldn't imagine being in a relationship where a large majority of my life was not shared with the man I love.

Knowing that though, I would say that you're sincerely interested in learning more about what she believes. Ask her to share with you, or to lead you to someone she respects who can share with you. Attend church with her and maybe try reading the Bible. She mentions that it's a heart issue because when it comes down to it christianity isn't a religious set of rules to follow, It's about loving your God. Saying you 'believe' in God isn't saying that you believe He exists, it's about trusting Him and releying upon Him. That's where the heart comes in, so just like any relationship, it won't happen over night. (though... for some it does?)

What Girls Said 3

• If she hasn't asked you to become a born again Christian and she's not forcing you to be then I don't see why you need to speak to her about it. However, if she did start forcing it on you, then that'd be the perfect time to bring up the fact that you're not very religious and she cannot force you into a religion. Don't convert to a religion just to please her either. Only convert if you wanted too. The only problem I see is, she probably wants a guy who is religious too. Born again Christians tend to feel very strongly about their religion and having a religious partner may be a big thing to her so I think should tell her about you not being that religious.

• I am a Christian and for Christians its important that you date another Christian because then you keep up your faith. And we are aught the guy should already be a Christian. As beautiful as she may be maybe its best to not date. Because you guys would have a different view on things, and its also in the Christian faith that the man leads.

• it shouldn't matter if you love her.

What Guys Said 2

• I know this is an old post, but found it so interesting, because I have been in her position, multiple times. Especially the older I get, the more important a partner of same faith becomes. And in one of those situations, she was, quite literally, THE most beautiful woman I had every seen or been with in real life. Just extraordinarily attractive. There is a Scripture about not being "unequally yoked," which means marrying of different faiths - because fundamentally, your ideas on marriage roles, how to raise children, household rules, etc. will vary quite dramatically, if one is a Christian, and one is not. So, I am just wondering, what ever happened in your situation?

• You know, there's actually a part in the Scripture telling women about how to convert their husbands to Christianity... something about being great wives, submitting, etc. All that.

Anyway, if you're going to do that... well, for one, try to have an open mind.

For two, do some digging yourself. There is historical evidence to support that Jesus was indeed a real person, etc, even though most Christians don't like to touch on it.

Third--realize that the Christians you meet will be like any other group. Like cops. They're pledged to follow certain rules/laws, and they do mostly, but like any other people, a fair amount of them will always be bending/breaking some rules. Human nature.