If you are uncomfortable with dating someone younger than yourself but...

Here's the situation (my main goal being I don't want to seem like an a**hole so help me out girls). There's a girl who I know is very OBVIOUS that she likes me: she's constantly touching me and leaning on me and staring at me. Anyhow, she's a junior and I'm a senior but she seems just a tad too...immature for my comfort level. Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with her looks, she's VERY pretty but that has never meant much to me in the long run and she's actually starting to get kind of annoying. I'm not dating anyone presently and she has been STRONGLY hinting that I should take her to prom but everything about her character has been repelling me more and more for the past month. I'm sure she's used to guys doing whatever she wants, she's a cheerleader heh. But ultimately I'm not that kind of guy.

Will it be fine to just ignore her flirting for the rest of the year or do I have to frankly tell her I'm not interested? I just don't want to seem like an ass :(.

Thanks girls and guys of girlsaskguys.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's damn decent of you to consider her feelings, dude. It speaks very well of you- I just wanted to point that out. Okay, so... there is no way to tell her (or anyone) that you have no intention of picking up what she's putting down without making her feel like an a**hole, even if you handle her gently. She's going to feel butt-hurt about it.. maybe even more butt-hurt than normal because you say she's used to guys falling all over themselves to do stuff for her. And now here you are, and she wants you... and you don't want her. Shit's gonna blow her MIND, and my money is on her having a great big bitchfit about it. That being said... it's still legit to tell her to get off of you because you have a right to be who you are and do what you want. She may need to learn what rejection feels like. It's not awesome, but it won't kill her either.

OR you could just play Captain Oblivious and pretend you don't notice what she's doing. Eventually you will graduate and she won't be your problem anymore. You can go either way...

• I just wanted to let you know that the way you worded that was great, it made me laugh.

What Girls Said 7

• You don't have to tell her anything. Just put off her advances and if she asks you outright, then tell her that you're not interested. Younger people are hard to date. Especially at the end of the older person's senior year. I wasted about half of my senior year with an idiot junior and it was not worth it. Just relax and have fun and take someone tolerable to the prom.

• you should tell her gently but firmly. somehow I can't help feeling bad for her ... I wasn't a cheerleader nor did I have guys wrapped around my finger ... even now I wish someone would take me to their prom ... I guess I never got over this prom fantasy lol

i wouldn't even mind flying out there just for the event ...

• Well both ways rejecting a girl could make you seem like the bad guy ( IN HER HEAD ) because girls don't often get rejected as much as guys do .. but you don't have to keep up with someone you don't like so telling her you're not interested is better than fooling her and torturing yourself.

• Were I in your place, I would be annoyed too. I'm sorry about that. I would gently let her know that you aren't interested. I would just tell her that you aren't interested in a relationship right now, if you don't want to have to tell her that she's annoying you ;) Good luck!

• don't be an ass, but just treat her like a friend or sister and try to limit your time with her so she doesn't get attached.

• This is a personal type of situation

you have to decide what is the right thing to do

it sounds like you don't like her that much

• Just tell her that you're not really looking for a relationship or anything at the moment. It will be more straightforward than just ignoring her and she's sure to get the point.

What Guys Said 2

• Regardless of what you do she will be hurt... But you should inform her

• You should just frankly tell her you're not interested. Don't waste her time.