Do Nice guys get the girl?

You can bet your cute butt they do! I just started an exclusive realtionship with this great all around nice guy who is gentlemanly, educated, cute, sweet and shy, he even goes to mass and I`m now going with him too! I`m nuts about him! what did he do? be my friend first, move slowly but surely and finally kiss me taking my breath away. Of course he later confessed he was terrified of rejection but thought I was totally worth the risk. We`ve known each other for a long time and when he asked me to be his girlfriend... he told me he`ve been waiting 12 years to kiss me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow there are some extremely mean comments on here! I think it's great you two are happy

What Guys Said 8

• He's been single for 12 years and has gotten a kiss.

This is not winning at life.

Even if you get married and have a fantastic marriage filled with hot evenings together, its still very risky to assume that will work.

What if you'd turned him down, which was more likely? 12 years gone to waste. The odds are you two WILL split up.

• LOL many kisses right now! And of course he`s not been single all that time! As I said, life got in the way, Both of us went on with our respective lives and it`s wonderfull to meet again and to love again.

• "Do Nice guys get the girl?" - rarely.

• when the women are older and used up they get them

• LOL what a bold faced lie.

Yeah nice guys get the girl after said girls have partied away their youths getting poked by dudes on command or have kids.

How old are you again?

• I`m 32, by the way before him I was in a long relationship with a guy. We were going to get married but I found out he cheated so I broke up with him. He was nice too, but liked to sting here and there if you get my drift. My new boyfriend (GOD I love SAYNG THAT) and me are friends for those 12 years but you know how life is, he went to school to another city, I started a relationship, life got in the way as usual. When he found out I was single he looked me up on Facebook and asked me out.

• almost never

• That's a great news.

• Notice that he's said that he was waiting 12 years for a kiss. 12 years! What a great incentive to be that way, eh?

They get the girls after the girl is ready to settle for someone like him. Notice that you are in your early 30s. They'll start getting that in their late 20s or later after you go through your slutty phases and bad boy phases and whatever else.

• I was in a steady relationship with a guy that treated me well but cheated. I can`t live with that. I`m not a slutty woman and I have always disliked bad boys. My father is a nice guy, ergo I like nice guys.

• yeah I know! that`s why I broke up with him. It`s just that I`ve seen a lot of times that guys complain that nice guys never get the girl. I`m so happy right now that I just wanted to tell everyone about something great that happened to one of those nice guys, I thought you would be happy and hopeful, but instead I`m being called a slut and him a loser.

• I'm just going by what most women are. Most are slutty.

You have to understand that it has been 12 years for him. Who knows if this relationship will last either?

How can someone be happy and hopeful over that?

It's basically saying "some will EVENTUALLY like you." That's not fun.

• Of course nice guys SOMETIMES get the girl.

But, as many guys have experienced, and indeed as many girls admit, being a bit of a jerk makes a guy much more attractive to girls.

I'm a nice guy by nature, but a couple of years ago I started acting like a bit of a jerk (not a total monster lol) in my interactions with women. Before I had no success. Now I have quite a lot of success.

What Girls Said 1

• That is a sweet story but most guys will see it as a fail because their idea of a nice guy winning is having a bevy of hot chicks to sleep with on a rotating list like they assume all bad boys do. So in this situation the nice guy lost lol

But honestly, your guy is really really shy if it took him twelve years to finally ask you out, but better late than never

• he`s 4 years younger than me, so he was like 17 yars old when all this started and I was 21. He did ask me out once but he never asked me out again. He`s from a higher social class so I thought he disliked me because of my ugly house and poor neighborhood. That kind of thing happened to me before.