I'm A LOT taller than my prom date #tallgirlproblems

So my prom date is at least 4 inches shorter than me (#tallgirlproblems) lol and I have no problem going with him. I think we're gonna look awesome when we step on the red carpet of prom, because lots of models and movie stars date shorter men. (I'm tall and skinny too and he's cute so hopefully we give off that type of vibe haha) I was excited until my friends were like "Isn't he shorter than you?" "How are you going to dance with him?" "Why don't you get a taller guy? (answer: none asked me WAHHH)" "Aren't you going to look weird?" "I might laugh when I see you two together" * le sigh* They're nice friends usually lol

So now I'm stressed! How are we going to take prom pictures? Should we both stand up in the picture where it will be obvious I'm taller than him? Should we do a sitting pose like on a chair? Or one where I like lean back and he supports my weight? How will we slow dance? Should we just not dance? Now I'm self-conscious because I feel that everyone will be judging me now! :( When people found out I had a prom date random people asked who it was because I'm the tallest girl in school. People are probably laughing at me even before prom. I better look fabulous that day! lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey, at least you look like a model. I'm 5'4 and very curvy/a little chubby, so...I can't relate. lol I'm also 23 so prom happened a long time ago for me. But even without that model body, I had an amazing prom and I felt like the hottest girl there. And even without having an "ideal" height difference, you're going to go there and feel like you guys are perfect the way you are together in that moment. that is, unless you drive yourself bat sh*t crazy over this.

Just enjoy it. What do you mean how are you going to do it? Just stand there and take the damn photo. Have fun with it if you want. But don't let something as stupid as this ruin your night. How long have you been going out with him? (assuming he's not just a random date) You're used to being the tall one already, right? So why wouldn't your prom pictures reflect exactly where you are in life right now. Even the quirky height difference may be something you'll look back on years later, and you'll probably laugh at this whole "dilemma" and the short guy you went to prom with. Just relax and have fun.

I have the opposite situation in my prom photo. As usual, my date is like 15 billion inches taller. That was the one night I wore high heels, but I still didn't make it as far up to his face as I wanted to. And heels hurt my feet, I don't wear them often, so I was really even shorter most of the night. I know we looked a mess dancing, things just don't line up extremely well with the men I tend to date, but we just said f*** it at one point and had a blast. I don't know that what we did could be called real dancing but it was fun. And after prom was craaazzzy. So much fun. But we did have fun with the photos, we have one picture of us sitting down with me on his lap laughing while he's kissing me. Not taken by the photographer but none of my best prom photos were.

How tall are you?

What Guys Said 5

• Who cares, you'll both look good, and if anyone's hatin on you it's because they're jealous ;)

...just don't wear high heels :p

• I was thinking of giving you a helpful answer...Then I saw the hashtag. Lulz.

• If the guy has no problem with being shorter then it is no problem at all. Who cares what you friends think, besides I am sure their are tall guys going with short girls and no one will ask all these questions.

• Aren't you a little old for prom?

• You should just be yourself. It doesn't matter if you're taller than him or not.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, the answer is, you should go to prom with a guy you like, not just because a guy is taller! I'm 5'9, and iv'e dated guys who are shorter. And to be honest? the one tall guy I dated turned out to be a complete ass, and my other relationships were good! Who cares what your friends think? don't be superficial, because honestly, it makes you feel sexy when you are tall, and to him it probably looks sexy too! as for pictures, try having him in front a little bit. and dancing will come natural! just be carefree, others thoughts truly don't matter when it comes to your relationships.