What would you think about a 23-year-old guy who never had a date?

What would your first thought be?

For instance, would you consider him a loser? Would you wonder about the reasons why? Would you like to talk to him? If you're interested in males, would you consider this a turn-off?

A clarification: by "never had a date", I meant "never had a romantic or sexual contact of any kind". So no, not even holding hands.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, hopefully that's not the first, second, or third thing you say to a girl you just met. Consider these scenarios: you just met this girl at an event and after introductions you say, "I've never dated before." The girl thinks, "no wonder" because she hasn't gotten to chance to know you yet.

Let's say you stop yourself from saying that and make it to a first and then a second date and you say "This is the first time I've date." An inexperienced girl might think, "Aww that's cute I'm his first." A more experienced girl might think, "please don't end up clingy."

Basically what I'm saying is don't worry about it. There are many many young men and women who are in the same position as you. I didn't have my first real kiss until 22. My advice is to find a girl you really like, get to know her as if you were making a new friend, make sure the conversation is flowing, have fun, and when you feel like the interest is mutual and strong and the time is right, tell her she's your first.

• I was actually just wondering what somebody's default opinion about this might be, but this was a very practical and helpful answer. Thanks.

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't consider him a loser. I don't know the reasons why he hasn't had a date so who am I to judge? I wouldn't see why I wouldn't talk to him or consider it a turn off. Maybe he's just focussing on school or his job, or enjoys his own company, doesn't feel the urge to date.

• Not at all! To me there is something very attractive about that. I'm a 25 year old female and I just had my first relationship last year!

I always thought people would judge me because I never really dated or had a meaningful relationship but then when I look back on it I think "I just waited for the right person to start a relationship with!" I wasn't going to date someone just to date someone.

It shows that you won't just date anyone and that you have standards (which is a great thing). It takes someone special to capture your heart and you shouldn't be ashamed of that :)

• I don't think it's anything you should be too concerned about. Just act normal and if it comes up, it comes up.

Personally I don't think it's a huge deal, some people can find the "right person" many times over the course of their life, and some just wait until the right one appears.

It wouldn't stop me from seeing a guy if he's never dated and I like him.

• i wouldn't mind at all! I would assume maybe he's shy or insecure. I'm pretty forward and I make the first move a lot so it wouldn't bother me. it would also mean he's probably not going to be too pushy which is good because I get nervous with experienced guys because they can get very rushy and pushy and assume they are going to get things from us girls that we aren't always willing to do.

• i would prefer this kind of boy. I like innocent boys. it just means that he's not aggressive and is probably shy and that's cute.

• Nothing wrong with that my dear. I find it endearing. Nothing to be ashamed of.

• I would think nothing of it and I would probably want to get to know him. there is absolutely nothing wrong with not having ever had a date!

• Can you clarify the premises of your question?

Do you mean you haven't taken a girl out to dinner or you haven't had a serious GF, or you only had hook-ups in the past?

• I would think that he plays video games too much

What Guys Said 4

• I am 27.

I have never been on a "date", though I've been out to dinner with girls who I liked one-on-one by accident. :-P

I've held a girl's hand: we liked each other, but I missed the boat and waited too long to ask her out.

I think it makes it complicated in that I fear dates somewhat, for lack of experience, but I've never met a girl who's been bothered by that, and I have plenty of girl friends who I've talk to about this sort of stuff. Girls give excellent advice, btw.

(Strictly speaking, I've done LOTS of hand-holding, just not in a date sort of way; I ballroom dance competitively.)

• id think he has no game, gotta go out with the guys or a good friend and be a wing man

• hate how us guys always have to be dominant

• He's not a loser at all. I would just think that he has a high standard for women and no women he met has ever passed his.