It should always be up to the guy to decide where to go for a date?

And if he doesn't than its a deal breaker for girls.

Agree or disagree?

• Agree it should always be the guys decision
  • Don't agree, sometimes girls should decide too
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out and observe guys who regularly get girls, and you'll find that not only do they plan the date, but they don't even really ASK the girl as much as they TELL the girl that they're going to take them on the date. You'd think that would turn girls off, but for most girls, running into a guy with that much confidence is unique and a turn-on.

The observe the guys who rarely if ever get girls. They always ASK the girl if she'll go on a date, and often leaves the date-planning up to her, or at most, suggests a couple of things and asks her to decide.

What does this teach us? Simple: most women want a CONFIDENT, dominant man who takes charge and LEADS. That's what an Alpha Male does, and that's why most women go gaga for them. Despite all of the women's lib that you've been taught all your life, women are still biologically programmed to respond to Alpha Males, and unlike their education or their careers, when it comes to their love-life, they follow their emotions (i.e., biology) rather than their brain.

Are there exceptions? Of course, but they are statistically rare, and many of them will be academics and militant radical feminists, meaning way out of the mainstream.

As one of the girls here mentioned, the girl will eventually feel comfortable and secure in the relationship, and her social and organizational instincts will eventually kick in and she'll want to plan at least some of your outings, and that's fine, but at least in the beginning, the guy should be making nearly ALL of the decisions, and should have planned what he wants to do before he even approaches her, unless he's VERY good at thinking on his feet.

What Girls Said 4

• No ... I actually get annoyed when a guy always plans the date. I almost take it as an insult, like what, your ideas are better then mine? It's nice for a guy to plan a special date, as long as he is doing it to make the girl happy. It better not be a beer and pizza as we watch football kindof date. If he "plans" these alot, then he wouldn't be allowed to plan dates anymore. It's 50/50.

• You would object to number 4 in this article then I take it? link

• It's nice and really special for a guy to have a great date all planned out, but it's totally not necessary every time or even most of the time. In my opinion, stuff like that is for first dates and for special occasion dates like anniversaries and birthdays and celebrations. But for the vast majority of dates it's totally alright (and even preferred by a lot of girls) to as a day or two in advance what they want to do and decide together.

• Who asked the other person out and who's paying are important questions. If he's taking care of it, he can choose. If she is then she chooses. If it's a joint thing you need both peoples input. I don't think it's ever really a deal breaker though.

• I think for the first few dates you should definitely plan your dates, because if it leads to a relationship you will soon find that us girls will always end up planning the future dates anyway. Use up your suggestions out while you can!

What Guys Said 3

• I don't agree, but I also don't agree that the guy should have to pay for it.

• sometimes you gotta do what girls want but I vote b

• It's not a deal breaker at all. It's just that the guy doesn't have confidence in making independent decisions.