Getting to know a girl

So I'm on this online dating site, because I'm not particularly good at meeting girls in person.

I messaged this girl and just told her she seems like a sweetheart and that I'd like to get to know her better, and she said the same about me.

We haven't got to know each other yet, but I don't really know how to engage a conversation with a girl. (Yeah, I know it's sad but it's true.) I just wanna make it easy on myself and most importantly for her.

Can any of you guys/girls help me out? Thanks!

What Girls Said 1

• I would keep it light to begin with and ask her what kinds of things she likes, what kinds of things she does in her spare time etc along those lines anyway. I wouldn't ask too much about dreams and childhood at this stage! too much delving might scare her off a little.

What Guys Said 1

• You should try to know about her childhood, goals, dreams and ambitions in life. Ask her what she likes doing in summer/spring season.