How long to wait before sending a break-up text?

Girlfriend and I got into an argument last night. She basically attacked every aspect of our relationship and essentially said that all of the changes I had made for us to be together weren't good enough. I can't think of a solution to repair the damage anymore.

I texted her asking her 2 last questions, no reply. Called her to apologize for everything so we can try working it out, she didn't pick up.

Now my only option is a break-up, through text since I won't be seeing her for awhile and she doesn't pick up the phone. How long should I wait before wishing her luck and ending the relationship via text?

Most Helpful Girl

• Something else is bothering her... You need to give her a couple of days and see what happens. Sounds like she is hurting and even though it isn't OK to say the things she has said it is away to make you hurt too. Sounds like your not sure what to do either and I wouldn't do anything until you are 100% sure this is what you want. Communication or lack of it is a huge reason many relationships end. In your case it sounds like she hasn't told you what she expects from you and probably feels you should already should know. It also sounds like your relationship may have become routine and what I mean by that is you kind of just go through the motions of everyday life and not really think much of what is actually happening. You do things out of habit rather doing it out of love.

What Girls Said 5

• If you're completely done trying with the relationship and are okay with letting her go, text her now. That way you can start moving on with your life and give her the opportunity to do the same. If you're still on the fence about breaking up with her, wait until you are completely sure because if you regret your decision, it may be too late to change it. Also, you might want to explain why you are breaking up with her over text because I know a lot of girls would be angry over that.

• I'm still on the fence, but I'm tired of not being able to focus on anything, study, etc. I think I need to just send it and get on with my life.

• There's a possibility of you regretting your decision if you break up with her while still being on the fence. As long as you know there's a risk of that, I say do what you need to do.

• Maybe instead of a text you could leave her a voice mail. I understand that she's the one being stupid, but don't give her the reason to complain to all her friends about why you broke up with her over a text. This way, you'll be the bigger person. Good luck, and I'm sorry it didn't work out.

• I wouldn't suggest dumping her via text. It's cowardice and unnecessarily hurtful to the dumpee (I speak from personal experience).

Wait until things cool off, and if you still want to end it, do it in person.

• That's the plan. I am patient enough to wait, but can't standing being led on or having people waste my time.

• Don't do it by text. Wait a bit when she cools off and try to get her in person, or go to her house. If you do it by text you'll look so bad, even if she's the one being the bitch :/

• I'm at the point where I can't focus on anything and have to do it in order to get my mind off of her.

• Don't end things through text, that is just an Azzhat move, for real, no matter how sh*tty she is being. If she can't answer the phone or give you the time of day, then I'd say your silence should be a good enough break up for her sorry ass. What has SHE done to try and make things better, hmm? Or are you the only one that messes up. She sounds like a waste of time, and a self righteous spoiled little princess. Good grief and good riddance. Good luck to you.

• Oh yes, and if she texts you. You can text her back and say, give me a PHONE CALL if you want to talk, if not, that's fine too. Good day to you.

• I understand but she isn't giving you the time of day. What makes you think she wants closure by 'talking'? If she was searching for that, she would seek you out.

• That is true...I suppose a silent break up is my only option

What Guys Said 4

• It sounds like, for her, it's alrady over, so I'd send a kiss-off text immediately, if not sooner. It sounds like she's prepared her speech about your relationship and has been planning breaking up for some time.

So, she doesn't deserve any consideration for her feelings...say goodbye right now, by text.

• Do it face to face youlike a man.

• Don't break up with her. You should wait first, and try to talk things with her in person.

• Move on with your life and don't bother with anything. Go out have fun and find new friends and maybe a new mate. Also NEVER change for ANYONE. Be you and let someone accept you for being you regardless of if they like it and you or not.