Dating multiple guys...What's the etiquette on this?

I have been seeing someone for the past month and a half and we've been sleeping with each other. Lately, I've been talking to other guys on this app and they're interested in meeting me.

I know it would be looked down upon if I was sleeping with multiple guys at once. But what about dating multiple guys, but sleeping with just one? Dating multiple guys...What's the etiquette on this?

And the guy I'm sleeping with and I have not agreed to date exclusively.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've not agreed to date exclusively with the guy you've been sleeping with then you're free to date other guys in your search for a boyfriend you really like to date exclusively someday.. You're certainly not cheating on him. He probably even feels lucky being able to sleep with you from time to time. If that guy started getting serious with you and you with him, then that'd be the time to stop with the other guys but you'd be under no obligation to tell him about the other guys you've been dating. Live your own life the way you want to, and until you commit yourself to one guy feel free to date any other guys you want. I think that was very proper and smart of you to not be sleeping with any other guys at the same time. Meantime, meet any other guys you want and don't feel the least guilty. You're probably a very attractive girl that guys like getting to know. I wouldn't flaunt this in front of the guy you're sleeping with but you don't need to keep any secrets from him that other guys are finding you attractive. He probably already knows that.

What Guys Said 14

• For me this arrangement is most often concealed with one person thinking its exclusive and the other person using ambiguity of non discussion to do as they please.

This can work, but if it were me (and it has been) its with honesty. Its hard, because you are asking to have the cake and eat it too, but if you don't then when things go wrong (and they will) you lose everyone. Regardless of how casual it may be.

If you agree to be non exclusive, then you can do as you please. But you should ask the guy you've been seeing.

• It's dishonest not to tell other guys you're already sexually involved with someone else. The rate o fSTDs alone is enough reason not to hide this fact.

I didn't have a problem with this back when I was single, but STDS weren't so common back then.

But I always told my partner what was going on, I never hid it, and to my knowledge none of my past lovers was 'dating' someone else at the same time!

Except for the married ones, I take that back, but again, nothing was hidden.

• Whatever you do, just be upfront about it. I have tried exclusive and casual. Honestly, the casual leads to so many problems. So now if dating occurs I want to see if they prefer exclusivity or not. This way I know what to expect. Some don't want to settle right away, others do.

The main thing is to let your intentions be known.

• Level 1: don't get the guys' names mixed up

Level 2: don't pass any diseases from guy to guy

Level 3: if during sex the two of the guys start making out, momentarily free your mouth and complain to the third guy how hard it is to meet real gentlemen with proper manners anymore

Level 4: have a way of explaining to the guy with the biggest paycheck of the bunch why his baby has such bushy eyebrows and dangerous eyes

• I read all this and the update, I say what you're doing is fine.

Just PRESUME that the guy you're having sex with is open to seeing and f*cking multiple girls as well. :-P

• If you are going to ask other people how you should live your life, you will never get to happiness. My belief is you do what makes you happy. If you want to date different guys or sleep with one guy or two or three. As long as you are being safe and responsible, not hurting anyone, and being honest with each other. Who cares what other people looked down upon. Everyone has a right to live their life as they choose.

• IMO, as long as you aren't leading people on or exclusive to anyone, it's okay to date.

If it's just the first or second date, nobody has a right to order you who you can and cannot date like they are your authority figure or something. Still, at some point, you have to narrow it down.

• Just sleeping with one... Per day?

Lol just joking, but seriously it's a slippery slope, be careful what you start doing.

• If the guy you're with agrees with the arrangement, then go for it. But keeping secrets is not healthy between partners.

• Etiquette is to not let them know about each other. So lie and stuff.

Cause they quite likely will not want to see you again if they find out that they are just mr. Thursday.

• bitch I say

• Let me ask you a question. do you want to sleep with many guys at the same time ?

what is your worry? you have, and you will sleep with several guys anyways, so stop being dumb. do you believe in sex until marriage only? if no then what the hell do you worry about . you have a p**** use for what its for

• Wow, slut. Would you be okay if you went to a cafe, and saw the guy you're sleeping with making out with some other girl? Of course not.

• You'll not be labelled harshly because you're still faithful and is just trying to keep your options open.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as everyone knows the truth and is okay with the arrangement, I say have fun. What works for some may not work for others, so it all depends on what works for you and the people you're with.

I couldn't do it, I really prefer my relationships in twos, I find it more intimate and romantic. I wouldn't want to sleep with one and dating others, and I wouldn't want my sexual partner dating other women, haha! So it just wwouldn't be for me.

• They all know you're not exclusive, right? So, feel free!

If you are just testing the waters (i.e, randomly dating, nothing serious) it's OK. Of course, if you start to get serious with one of them (going on more dates, meeting family, etc) you should rethink your options.

Be safe and have fun.