Would a girl EVER date a guy like me?

im 17, lately, I have had this huge crush on this girl, and I'm just wondering, if she would even like me, or wanna go out with me?

the kind of guy I am...

if I ever had a girlfriend, I'm the kindof guy that would want to listen to all her thoughts, and just... listen to evrything she wants to talk about. even feelings. I would respect her, and just want to always be there for her when she needed someone, I would hug her for hours, I would even watch a chick flick (I like romances myself), I'm a teddy bear (big, but loveable),my interest in a girl are not how 'hot' they are, or their 'boob size' or any of tht crap, all I care about is her personality, and if she is cute and adorable I guess, sadly... I can't handle being with a girl who is really fat...like REALLY fat that's the ONLY thing that would stop me, if ther a LITTLE bit overweight, thts absolutely fine. I'm not a 'playa' and I'm not a jock, I'm a bit of a geek, and I'm above average in the intelligence department, I legitimately like all kinds of music, love comedy, and I am a bit of a otaku (likes anime, and video games pretty much). my looks... can't say much I can't tell, I have been told I have a cute smile, and handsome, I'm a bit overweight, 20 kg... yea I know right I'm a hypocrite about the weight thing. but I've been on a major diet over the last 4 weeks, and changing my life around.

SOOOO... would you go out with a guy like me? don't be mean pls :)

i would really love it if only GIRLS would answer..thnx
ok, just wanna quickly make it clear... I was totally misunderstood, about the chubby girl, thing, like... if their the same weight as me or a bit over, I wouldn't mind that at all, BUT if twice the size of me then... it just makes me unconfortable... I'm SO SORRY if I hurt anyones feelings, that's the last thing I want, also I don't wanna be seen as a complete jerk I AM NOT LIKE THAT that's the last thing I wanna be seen as, if the girls personality is EXACTLY the same as mine, I woulld
date, her. another misunderstanding, I'm not clingy at all, also, a girl said, "are yoy asking this to work up your nerve to ask the girl out, or trying to find a girl online, because that's the message I'm getting".no lol, I'm trying to work up my nerves to ask her. just saying this, because its been misunderstood, and if more answers come in, they will read this and realise, thank for all your help <3. (P.S. and yes I am a bit emotional at times I guess, this statement came up a lot in your answers

Most Helpful Girl

• No I wouldn't go out with you, you're simply not my type. I'm assuming you want to know why so I'll write that:

1. You say you'd do all these things that you think a girl in general would want. Someone to listen to all her thought "even feelings." Hug her for hours, etc. Some girls don't want to be hugged for hours and some don't like having just a listener but maybe someone who would interject. I'm met a few guys who have said the same as you and they usually are expecting girls to fill their idea of what a girl wants, "respect, listening, romantic movies, etc" and when the girl doesn't want that and wants something else the guy doesn't know what to do, gets mad, etc. Every girl is different. I personally don't like romantic movies. My boyfriend, yeah he will hug me for hours but I like diversity in my life so I want to get up and do something. I don't want my guy to be the type to listen to any girl for hours just because he is like that. I want him to be kind to other girls but loves me and so will go an extra mile for me because he wants to. I have this sort of guy so I know its possible. He'll listen to any and is kind to all but goes the extra mile for me.

2. You can't handle being with a girl who is a bit fat but you're fat yourself. So you already know that is hypocritical so I won't cover that but also a lot of girls might feel the same. They might think, "why is he allowed to get fat but I'm not?" Also it can make a girl feel really insecure. I've always been pretty fit but recently went through a horrible tragedy in my family and thus gained 30 lbs. My boyfriend hasn't even said a word and acts the same around me. He is supporting and loving and I know he still finds me attractive. My weight doesn't show too much since it went to my butt but I'm secure because I know weight isn't a turn off for him. So I've been able to lose the weight without stress. He's always said he'd be more concerned about my health if I gained a large amount of weight rather than how attracted he was to me (because he said he'd always be). He once insisted I put back a certain ice cream and instead picked one out that was all natural and free of chemicals and other things that would hurt my health.

3. You seem to lack confidence. Confidence is big with both genders. So amp that up and you'll find the world opens up!

Some will disagree with me, some won't. A bunch of girls telling you thatd theyd date you isn't really going to help. You're confidence shouldn't be based on something like that so it won't even help your confidence.

What Girls Said 21

• Quick question are yoy asking this to work up your nerve to ask the girl out, or trying to find a girl online, because that's the message I'm getting.

Anyway, you seem like a good guy, and I actually like the stuff that you says to describe yourself DVD what Thu would do, but like outgrew girls said every girl isn't like that. Take me for example, I'm a girl who likes to hangout out and especially flirt, but I'm but big on relationships. I don't know why, but once it goes to that level everything gets weird, like I don't want to see you everyday, sirens every second of the day together, or talk on the phone non stop. I guess I'm more of a friends with benefits kind of girl (shrugs shoulders). Anyway you seem like a really great guy,

(especially with the smart characteristic) but yea also sounds kinda cute but it would help if you actually posted a real pic of yourself! Lol

I would say just go for it, the worst thing she can say is no, and if she does it's her lost. Don't think too much of it. Go with my motto, On to the next one (; ,And once a girl does say yes I don't know why but it seems like that's when all the other girls start to notice you, and wish you were there's.

I hope this helps =)

P.S. The weight thing is kinda shallow, but you already know that ;]

xoxo

Monae

• Your personality sounds great...and you seem like a great boyfriend. Hopefully not the clingy type, right? A diet would be a great start. Not only to look better, but for health reasons of course. You do seem a little bit emotional, so I would work on that a little bit, don't show too much of yourself like that, it's a big turn off for girls. We like tough guys with a soft heart, but we don't want an emotional clingy guy. A good rule to follow by is only show 50% of yourself, hold back some, especially when meeting someone new. If you want a girlfriend, look for a girl with the same type of interests as you...you'll want a girl who wants you for your personality, the same way you want her for her personality. Don't expect the most popular girl in school.

• You'd probably be best matched to an extroverted girl. Introverts don't generally like to spend a lot of time talking about themselves while you sit and listen. But yeah, I'm sure there are girls who would date you. I personally wouldn't, because I prefer a guy who's more talkative and honestly, not so mushy. ;) I'm not the type of girl who cuddles for hours and talks all cheesy to her boyfriend.

• You sound like a great guy who would have no problem treating a girl right! I guess it depends on the girl though. I'm not much into anime & it's sometimes it's a bit of a turn-off if a guy is really really into that. Don't get me wrong though! There's a lot of chicks you can find that are completely into that scene. You seem like a good guy though! Don't think about it too much!

• I don't think I can give off a really good answer, because I, myself, am an otaku so, to me, all otakus are awesome x)

I think you have to watch out about being TOO nice. I mean, any girl would rather go out with you then with a douche, but girls kinda get tired of a boyfriend that can ONLY be a boyfriend, or ONLY be a friend, you know? You gotta be both.

And defend your opinions! Don't go watch something only because she likes it! Negotiate. If a girl only cares about what she likes, when accompanied by you, then she doesn't care if you are happy or not(or she is simply too egocentric - either way it would be bad).

• Well, if you're going to improve your body, lot of girls will probably like you (if you don't sound desperate.. But, if you behave that way, when you'll see some girls going after you, you won't behave that way anymore). You have to know that as you would prefer to go out with a girl who's pretty and kind (instead of just kind), girls want to go out with a boy who love(or like them) them and is cute too. Girls watch less the physic quality than boys, but they watch it anyway, especially if they're really pretty.

Sorry for my confused English, but I'm Italian

• See if you asked me a year ago I would have probably said yes but now? I'm not sure just because I have a lot of problems in my life and I need someone to tell me to not even care. Plus since I started dancing and loosing weight I've gotten myself confidence.

• Your personality sounds EXACTLY like mine, haha. I would, however, reccomend taking care of yourself and working out- besides that, you sound like a great guy!

• try more care about your body and look,if you change it I think your chances will grow.i think just before try have a good contact with her,if she will like you and she will see how you are of course she won't say no if you ask her about date.good luck.

• Why wouldn't a girl like you?

If I was a 17year old I would have gone out with you.

But you should try to judge a girl by her personality and not weight, hopefully you'll see that when you get a bit older :-)

• propably not it seems like you may be a little too emotional for me. Honestly what you are describing would be nice every now and then but too much of the mushy gushy stuff would probably get on my nerves.

• Yes, you seem to be a nice guy. :)

• Of course, and so would any other girl who's worth dating

• I don't like overweight guys..

• see. a lot more appropriate than 'i don't date fatties' +1

• If you're a chubby guy who only wants to date good looking girls (not fat, cute and adorable), then you're not quite as nice of guy as you're convincing yourself you are. I don't mean this in a mean way. EVERYONE feels that they would give their right arm for a much attractive partner. Especially when we're young, we dream and dream of that gorgeous, wonderful partner who we fall head over heels for and can't stop thinking about and would live to serve, night and day. FYI, we all want attractive partners, but wanting a cute girl who is in better shape than you are is the same as wanting a hot, big boobed girl -- it still comes down to your preference in what she looks like.

But love isn't really like that. That is infatuation. It's similar to being on cocaine and just as dangerous to our perception.

My advice is to be who you are, work on your flaws and have some additional qualities you're looking for in a girlfriend. What do YOU want her to give to you in a relationship. She could be the hottest thing in the world, but that infatuation fades away fairly quickly if there isn't anything else to back it up. Your answer was so "I'm such a nice guy - I like all of these female stereotypes and would do anything a pretty girl wants me to" doesn't make up for not really trying to see a girlfriend as another person in a give-and-take relationship (like a great friend, but more), instead of some thing to admire and desire.

• look @ this girls pictures

link

eww

• You sound like a sweet guy but you're too soft emotionally and gentle for me.

• I think so..

but I don't think your body type is my preference. Then again: you may have lovely eyes.

I don't have a thing for insecure guys though. I think you should gain some experience with girls (this is hard, since it takes some hard work to know what you want and then to go for it.. through all the rejections and the heartbreak - just don't take rejection personally because if you really want something, you'll get it regardless of the stupid girls you'll have to get through first).

Take care of yourself and develop a sense of style or something..

looks aren't everything of course, but you need them to get your foot between the door. So work on your sense of style, your hair and your fitness.

• You're too hard on yourself

• YES YES YESSS :)

• my daughter would love you that's just the kinda guy she goes for...however lack of confidence and insecurity is something that drives girls away so if you get one? don't act like you'll do anything to keep her or just feel grateful she wants you cause that's a huge turn off and it'll ruin it before it gets started...sometimes that's why girls won't go for sweet shy guys the desperation is palpable and not sexy!

What Guys Said 2

• Girls are going to tell you bullsh*t.

How much dating have you done? That should answer your question.

• Being the best platonic friend ever doesn't make you a great boyfriend. Girls are looking for something -different- from guys then they do from a friend. Stability more then support. I'm not saying you don't listen to her problems, but a girl wants a guy who makes her feel -safe-. Who makes her feel like he can handle anything, that he's the strong one, and since he loves her, she's safe and protected.

• Yes, they would go out with you. You're a great guy, so it seems.