I deleted this guy off Facebook...please tell me it was the right thing

I met this guy a few years ago. He seemed really flirtatious from the beginning, but over the last few years it's been kind of the same cycle. He'll ask me out, we'll go on a few dates and he'll act like we are going to be in a relationship or something, but then he'll disappear and if I try to contact him, he ignores me. But then several months later, he shows up again, acts like nothing happened and we are back at the first date stage (and he was NOT just trying to be friends or something, he was really acting as if he liked me). This happened a few times. I don't know what his deal is, and maybe he wasn't intentionally trying to be hurtful, but the point is, I was sick of obsessing about him and finally deleted him of fb. I'd thought about doing that before, but was too afraid I would regret it. I haven't really been that interested in anyone else since I met him and that was almost 4 years ago. I am sick of wasting my time and want to meet someone else, so I thought maybe in order to finally move on, I might have to do that. Even when I tried to ignore his page, it still bothered me that he was on there. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I worry that since I deleted him, nothing can happen between us now. But I also deactivated my account so maybe he will just think I'm not on Facebook, rather than that I deleted him. I guess I still have silly little hopes that someday he will start acting normal and something will happen. But then I think why do I want to be with someone who makes me feel like this anyway? When he came to my house to pick me up for a date, he wouldn't even come to the door, I had to walk out and meet him. When he wouldn't respond to my messages, even after he told me he liked me, that would really upset me, so why do I want someone like that anyway? The problem is, we have mutual friends, so we will probably run into each other again and always have a connection because if that. I guess if he is really meant to be in my life, someday, it is possible to re-add him on fb, but right now I am sick of obsessing about this. Please ease my conscience, did I do the right thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing because it shows that your taking a step to move on.Moving on is never easy. I think your taking a step forward and not backwards. Also I think eventually you will find a better guy. The way this guy was treating you was not right and not cool. He seems really confused. Maybe one day if it's meant to be then you and him can reconnect. If not you wil lfind somebody else. You did the right thing by deleting him. You have to stop and break the cycle. Some girls don't have the will power to.Im glad you took a step to make a change. I think the next step will be to try and forget about him.If you keep thinking about him it will make it extremly hard to do.Stay focus on yourself and do things that make you happy then the pieces should fall into place.

What Guys Said 2

• You did the right thing. He won't come around...he seems like a jerk.

• It's clear that he's just playing with you. You've done the right thing of deleting him from FB to prevent any further contacts.

What Girls Said 0