How much does sheer persistence contribute to dating?

Say if a girl doesn't initially find you attractive, how much does sheer persistence change this over time?

I hear a few stories of guys ended up dating girls by just dogged persistence. True?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how much the girl didnĀ“t want to date you from the start. Sometimes it may seem a girl is not willing to date you but she is.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends. It really does and assuming she will change her mind is a risk.

But ya you will seem more attractive to girls once they get to know you and like your character. I'm not sure if the same is true for guys, but when I was in high school, most of the guys seemed attractive to me. And in college most of them weren't, until a few months into the semester. Objetivley speaking most of them didn't get more attractive but knowing them better, and knowing they're nice, funny and I don't know what , changes the way you see them.

Women judge 70% of men they are showed on pictures as unattractive. I doubt the same would be true after they actually met those men

If you already know her well though and she still thinks of you more as a friend, that's a lot harder.

I know in a lot of movies the guy is really persistent and finally gets the girl and it's super romantic, but in real life it's a fine line between romantic and creepy

• I don't know this to be true... I wasn't attracted to my ex's looks when I met him but he was persistant about being my friend and getting to know me. I thought he was weird and goofy looking but we got to know each other and wanted to hang around eachouther more and more. It was his personality that won me over completely not persistence just him being himself. By being himself he became more attractive to me but I fell in love with who he was.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think it really does too much.

While a girl might not initially find you attractive, sometimes attraction starts at nothing, and then builds over time. It isn't necessarily the persistence that contributes to the dating. It could be the passage of time.

Dogged persistence may seem desperate, and this is usually the case. But I think that if a girl doesn't want to date a guy, but later gets persuaded, it may be the case that she did have feelings for the guy, and that her feelings were suppressed for some reason.

• Yes, people get tired of them pesteriong them and date them, just to get rid of them afterwards!

• I failed that way with one girl.

• Not at all. If she doesn't like you, and you still pursue her, she'll just label you a creeper.

• Dogged persistence only occur when a a girl is attracted to the guy but is playing hard to get.

If a girl doesn't find you attractive, just move on.