Girls who hate smoking, would you date someone who only just quit?

I'm interested to know just how unattractive smoking makes an otherwise OK guy in your eyes.

We all know smoking is a revolting habit which damages your health, makes you and your clothes smell horrible, and generally ruins all your appeal. But would you date a smoker?

Girls who wouldn't, can you answer these three questions:

1. Would you date someone who USED to smoke?

2. What about if they only quit recently? Like, last month?

3. Would you date someone who you liked except for the fact that he smoked, if he quit especially to date you?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. No

2. No

3. No

I hate smoking so much. The scent of it literally makes me vomit. I can smell it on you immediately. I can smell a cigarette on my dad a week after he's had one. My boyfriend's dad lit up a cigar in his house once and I immediately went home. My boyfriend had one puff of said cigar and I was 99.9999% sure I was going to break up with him over it. I did not talk to him for two weeks over it. I know it was not my place to be upset about it, but I have absolutely zero tolerance for smoking of any kind. I don't know why, but I personally could not date someone who did that to their lungs intentionally.

I also don't like the way it makes your teeth, eyes, hair, and skin look. So even if you'd quit after being a somewhat regular smoker in the past, there would be no physical attraction there because of the effects of the smoking on your body.

HOWEVER I am an extreme case. I'm sure the vast majority of females who hate smoking would be willing to do all those things...except maybe the third.

What Girls Said 8

• depends on why he smoked in the first place and how long, and why he stopped.

A 30 year old guy who's been smoking since he's 14, because "it's cool". Stopped only to date me? No. He's more likely to smoke secretly and his way of thinking of doing something cool for the cost of his health is very unattractive to me.

A guy who's smoked for only a year and started because he was under pressure at the time and had stopped because he was thinking of his health (not just to date me), then yes. And if he seemed to be able to completely quit and not touch a single cigarette for the last month, that's even better.

• 1. Yes, if he didn't smoke for too long and didn't want to start again.

2. Yes, and I'd hope he doesn't give up.

3. Yes, if he wanted to quite (no matter if he wanted to stop because of me).

The only situation I wouldn't be able to stand is a smoker who doesn't want to stop.

I hate the smell, I hate the fact that it's toxic...

Since I have already lost a brother to cancer, there is NO WAY I'm dating someone who doesn't care about his own health.

• No, I wouldn't date a smoker. Any appeal they had, disappeared as soon as I saw them smoking. Don't like the taste, don't like the smell and it makes me cough like crazy.

1. Yes. If he quit 2 years ago, then sure I'd date him.

2. No. If he just quit, I'd be scared that he'd fall back into his old habit. So, no. I need some guarantee that he won't smoke.

3. No, his motives are not right and he'd start smoking after one fight or just to spite me.

• I would never date any one that smoked I just can't stand the smoke if he quit then that's a different story.

• I don't smoke but I would still date someone who smoke regardless whether he intend to quit smoking

• YES if I was really attracted to him I would.

• Yes I would

• i would. however it would bother me if he smoked because I am scared it would make me start smoking and it so bad for you I would worry about his health also it can be stinky and make you age and look bad!

i dated a guy who apparently stopped smoking recently but sometimes he smelled like smoke so I think he still would indulge and lied about it. it's a little sexy to me but also kind of dirty and gross.

What Guys Said 1

• Looking at it from a guys perspective at a girl who use to smoke, absolutely not.

Smoking is a red flag like tattoos, excessive drinking, family issues/upbringing, drugs, employment issues, jail, abortion, ect.

Plenty of girls who show good decision making skills.

The same can be said about guys.