Is having an online relationship possible? Have you been in an online relationship?

There's this guy who lives in New Zealand and I've know him for a year or so (online) and we've been dating for the past two months and we made it Facebook official last week. And we Skype for 2-5 hours a day. I love every last cell of him and I don't want anything more than to be with him so I can fall asleep in his arms. He's the sweetest most intelligent, funny, understanding, dorky, coffee-addicted, nerdiest person I have been blessed to know. I've never met him face-to-face, but he knows me better than anyone. I love him with all my soul and I wouldn't miss him for the world. Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible to make it work as long as you two are dedicated to each other fully :) and as long as you love him, and he loves you, and you get treated right, then you should totally keep doing what you guys are doing! :D but perhaps you two could meet? :)

I was in an online relationship for 11 months, but then I realized I wasn't getting everything out of that relationship, that he wasn't my perfect one, I couldn't settle down with him knowing that I might not be able to have smart conversations with him, not the way I was craving to have them :) so I had to break up with him, it was awful and I loved him so so so much, I still do, but perhaps I needed him in a different way in my life, not as a lover but as a best friend. Which is what he is right now :)

I guess my point to say is, that you can make it work as long as you two are satisfied, but just think through your choices in life, is this for you? it is your life after all :) I know you love him, but just know that you should put yourself first sometimes too :)

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it's quite possible if both of you have plans to meet in person.

Though online relationships won't last long since physical presence, the most important thing, isn't present.

What Girls Said 3

• you need to meet in person,trust me online is so different than in person,right now you are both in a fantasy relationship until you meet in the flesh it can not last...

• I personally do not believe in such relationships. I love being around my boyfriend and the feeling that I get when we hug etc. That might be just because I'm used to it being this way, but keeping an online is really had. You need to make sure you are really committed to keep the relationship going no matter what. There is no way of telling is he serious about the relationship or does he have another girlfriend where he lives. If you really do trust him and feel like this works for you then go for it :) Hope if goes well for you.

• sorry hon but I really think you need to meet him first before you can decide whether you love him or not! people can appear one way but be totally different when you meet them:( that's my experience unfortunately...best of luck with it tho:)