What's your take on older women dating younger guys?

So here's what happened was out for drinks with a few friends. But to make a long story short my friends younger brother hit on me gave me his number & said to give him a call if I was interested. He's almost 10 years younger then me. I'm still kind of shocked & don't know what to think of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some young guys think that some older women are just... gorgeous, and wonderful in damn near every way. All of my favorite females, most of whom consist of people not related to me - old enough to be my ma. One of them is an incredible person, currently the best friend I have. Older women tend to be much more mature, and I can actually talk to older women about more serious subjects and about my insecurities and confide in them. Maybe he's a guy who really digs all that.

You just want to watch out for a young guy who just wants to have some hot MILF style fun and that's all it is to him... unless of course you want the same thing (reversed).

What Guys Said 13

• Actually at your age, the age gap isn't an issue, because you're both at that point where you're both grounded in terms of what you find ideal in the perfect mate. Generally, age gaps to me doesn't matter at all as long as they are within reason.

The fact that you're older shouldn't matter if he's mature and not acting on the younger side of his age. The least you should do (if you're interested in him) is to call him and talk to him. Try and find out where he's at in terms of maturity and stability. If he seems okay then I don't see know reason why you can't pursue him. I don't think you should be concerned about him being younger than you.

• You bad girl. lol. Normally I would say without a doubt go for it. But this is your brother's friend. I do not know how old you are, (since you blocked everyone, I just wanted to be your friend :(, but he is 10 years younger. If you are 30, then he's 20 and be careful. It's not that young men do not know what they want, because they do. They just change what they know what they want a lot. Communication,. A friendly phone call, not texting, can not get an accurate vibe from texting, asking why he gave you his number and if you are on the same page, go for it. After all, it did work out well for Ross, Chandler and Monica. But if it does not work out it can be awkward with your brother and his friends. Cause youknow the guy who gave you his phone number will be giving the intimate details to his friends and your brother. Guys do that (pssst, it's a secret) I hope it works out for you.

• Did't realize I had everyone blocked I'm 35 he's like 25-26 I have known him for years never gave him a thought. By the way are you really 97 & still single. LOL

• Yes I am still single. Like your borther's friend, I too find older woman sexy, but I can't seem to find a woman in her 120's

• I'd happily see an older woman, they can be more attractive than girls my own age.

• I wouldn't have a problem with a woman cougar'n on a younger guy. If there's attraction and interest, then I say go for it! :)

• Who cares? He could be the man of your dreams.

When I go out for drinks, I never ask people their age, whether if its chatting with another man or woman; I just like to let them know that I'm open to any conversation.

• I think it's cool so long as it's cool with you. I for instance would LOVE to date some of the older women at my work. The only thing that actually holds me back is that I think they look at older man (older to them) and they probably don't see me as seriously as I view them. Most likely I'm a kid in their eyes, not a man.

Bottom line is that if the guy is willing to give you a chance knowingly that you're significantly older than him it really is your call. If you feel like it then go ahead.

• wish it was more acceptable

• why does our take matter? go for what you want.

• That's hot. Go for it. MILF-like figures are a turn-on.

• well, are you interested in him?

• I'm not surprised at all. Women date younger guys because that's their preference and there's nothing wrong with that.

• I only get along with women years older then me. Girls my age act as if I don't exist and are immature. I literally can't stand girls my age, they think their better then everybody else and think their sh*t don't stink!

• If you want to go out with him, go out with him. If you don't, don't. It doesn't matter what other people think.

Some guys are attracted to older women. There are many possible reasons. Some guys just don't care about age. Some guys want a woman who's more emotionally mature than women his age. Some women are more beautiful at a more mature age. Many women are better at, or more interested in, sex at an older age. I'm 21, and had a semi-casual relationship with a 36 year old woman for a few months recently, and we had a blast.

What Girls Said 8

• I dated a guy who was only 2 years younger than me. It was great at first, but he was definitely still immature. He was 21. It depends on how old this guy is? If you have chemistry, give it a go - age shouldn't matter! I think experience is what makes you wise, not age.

• My take on older women dating younger guys is the same as older men dating younger women, just looks like a train wreck, I give subtle looks of dissaproval. But if that's what those two people want, that's what they want.

• It's a short lived/fleeting moment. Enjoy what you have now. If you don't, that thought will come swimming in your head when you're old.

• DUDE- jump on that! It will be FUN.

• If you like him go for it. I would! Life is short!

• I don't ask others for their nationality and age because I want to keep an open conversation. Beside no harm knowing a new pax. Go for what your heart desire

• It's disgusting

• Go for it. It's a lot of fun