This question is for people who and/or are involved with people who toke up.

There are times when I like to smoke myself, but I don't do it very often. My boyfriend does it quite regularly and it bothers me sometimes because I prefer him sober for when we have conversations and interact. he can also take extremely long to answer text messages. I've talked to him about it and he has cut back, but I'm just wondering if that would bother you if you were in this situation. or if you would just blow it off.

Most Helpful Girl

• im in this same situation , my boyfriend can't operate without weed, I do get very mad at him when his weed habits interfere with out relationship, Depending on how much it has interfered I blow it off, I like him much better when he's not high but sometimes I don't know if I fell in love with the high version of him of the sober version of him... as long as its not interefeing with your relationship and its not ruining his life ..like it is my boyfriends...and he doesn't do it everyday I don't see why not...every once in awhile but I do prefer a man who doesn't smoke weed...

What Guys Said 3

• It would definitely bother me! Smoking it up is great at releasing stress and can really improve your life if done responsibly. If you're doing it enough times to make it noticeable it's way too much! It'll just mess up your whole life, I've seen it happen a couple of times. If my girlfriend was stoned enough times to cause even small problems I would confront her about it and if she continues I would break up with her.

• It wouldn't be bother me at all. After all, everybody has priorities.

• My aunt smokes cigs but not weed. She's married with two kids...

What Girls Said 3

• When I was with my ex, he smoked regularly... Which had me smoking regularly as well.. I was okay with it because I was still getting my school work done and handed in on time.

My current boyfriend doesn't smoke marijuana too often, once or twice a month. If that, especially when he has a huge LAN party coming up with his friends.

What I do, is that I'll just ask politely if he can be sober when having a conversation and try to compromise.

It wouldn't bother me as much. As long as he's doing what he needs to do..

• I do every now and then (more recently as of late). The guy I'm involved with does it somewhat often, as well as other recreational drugs, and it doesn't bother me because we aren't in a serious relationship. If we were, I would probably be admittedly uncomfortable with it.

• Well, if I was doing it before we started dating and you started dating me knowing I blaze I would think it's unfair of you to ask me to change.

If he started after you started dating him then you can be upset.