How to deal with a guy who never texts?

So I have been dating with this guy for almost 2 months. Things have been going great and more intimate each time when we see each other. We have made out and he would put his arm around my waist whenever we went out. Whenever we met in person he was really such a sweet guy, very gentleman, funny and thoughtful. But the problem is he seldom texts me first. He never goes online on whatsapp unless I message him! (you can tell by his last online time) But if I text him, he would reply instantly with long replies. I talked about this with him before, he said he isn't really a texting guy and he would be distracted from what he has been doing if somebody texts him. I don't know. I always thought if a guy likes you, he cannot resist texting you all the time. But now he makes me confused. I don't know should I text him and I don't know whether that would bother him. I don't even know if he really likes me Because he never texts me first! It's like he is totally fine if we are not in contact for days.. but he is totally a sweet guy whenever we go on a date.. what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• i hate texting absolutely despise it but when a woman sends one I'll respond, but I'd rather not send one first. I'd rather be able to hear they're voice, or if I'm on my LT or DT then yeah send a message on FB but some guys or just old fashioned like that I'm only 21 & I'm kind of weird lke that. I don't know what to tell you to be honest other than don't expect a text first & expect to read when you send 1. (I don't like text because it makes my mesage unprecise & I value pricision of words as much as I value the pricision of my fist while work.

What Guys Said 3

• keep going for some more time. may be he is really not into texting and maybe he can't start a topic for texting. as long as he texts you back and as long as he comes online as you say I think its best to give yourselves some more time and get to know the guy

• Stop thinking about this stupid thing. Just because he doesn't like texting doesn't mean he doesn't like YOU. YOU're creating this imaginary problem, not HIM.

Guys not texting you all the time doesn't mean they don't like you. That's BS. Insecure wimpy, needy guys are the guys that will text you all the time.

• He really does like you a lot. He just have trouble texting. What he does in person is more important.

What Girls Said 2

• It definitely sounds like he likes you, he's just not into texting. It's not you, it's the form of communication.

Do you guys talk on the phone? Ask him if he prefers that. I think he might, considering when he does text they're pretty long. It's possible he's fine without being contact for days, and no that does not mean he doesn't like you, but if your needs differ and you'd like to be in contact more, then calling is probably a good way to compromise. Some texting is probably okay with him too, and you can ask if it bothers him or not. Just understand that since he doesn't like using that method he probably won't initiate it as much.

• Texting sucks! I hate people who need to text all the time.

If he's not a texter, don't force it or you will come off annoying.

I liked a guy until he texted me ALL THE TIME.