Does online dating work or not?

I never had a boyfriend in my life and I am getting worried about myself. Does online dating work or not? Because I was thinking of trying one

Most Helpful Guy

• IMO, it works and its worth trying but keep a few things in mind first:

1. It's not a replacement for actually going out and meeting people.

2. 90% of guys on there are desperate, losers, old-creepy, douche bags, cheaters.

3. 10% of the guys on there are cool though, you just have to be patient

4. You will be judged mainly by your photos so put up as many good ones as you can

5. If you don't make a detailed profile (most womens profiles are only like one paragraph full of cliches), many quality guys will ignore you.

What Guys Said 10

• Shameneyes and DuthAthiest are both right about this one. The Online dating company only wants your $, and the dudes on there only want your body. I would say start hitting on men you know in real life. Dudes really love it when you show them interest. You'll quickly find a Boyfriend that way.

• I've heard good things about eharmony, they take a personality approach to the whole dating thing, but it isn't free. I do think that women pay less than men, it's like that on so many sites.

• Online dating is bullsh*t.

They don't want you to find someone, they want you to spend more money on their site.

• Stop worrying, you're only 17...not 30.

• I experimented with it out of curiosity. It's really hard to find a match online. Lots of dirtbags and jerks. It's best to do some things the old fashioned way. Meeting people for dating is one of them.

• Yes, it does. I'd wager that it's easier for women than men also, given that the online dating pool is probably 70% men or more. I also know for a fact that women's profiles get way more attention from other users than men's.

• My buddy met his current girlfriend through eharmony I think?...they're happily in love right now.

• Find a good online dating site.

• It really works. Most of the successful relationships comes from online dating.

• Online dating is great if you're a girl. You could quite easily get anything from 100 messages a month to a 100 a day. Some will be guys looking for casual. Some will be guys looking for serious relationships. It's pretty much the only way of having the opportunity to date a shy guy, unless you approach him in real life yourself.

Try OKCupid or Plenty of Fish. They're free.

What Girls Said 4

• I've heard of it working for very few people honestly. And don't stress about not finding a boyfriend, boys don't really mature until they are at the least 18, meanwhile girls mature in early teen years. I wouldn't suggest online dating because there is always that possibility that the person behind the screen can be someone who you wouldn't suggest. Yes you hear about it all over and you're like oh that won't happen to me but it happens a lot especially when 40 year old pedophiles are looking for a young target. So for my suggestion I would say to not worry about boyfriends because they are just unnecessary stress and drama that is not needed. When you find the one guy that will make your life the best it's ever been, it's the best feeling in the world but usually that isn't found until late high school years and college. All of the other bullsh*t boyfriends that just want the girl for sex are so not worth your time. And the online dating is not a very smart idea for hopes to find a boyfriend. Hope I helped in some way!

• I say give it a try if you're really looking to settle down,however I wouuld be very careful a lot of men are just looking for the next best profile and are serial online daters...they tend to be looking for a casual hookup

• Guys just want to f***, trust me. Stay off of it hun :)

• I met my boyfriend online. But if I were you, I would wait until you hit your mid twenties or so to try it out. The main reason my boyfriend and I were online is because we were both busy professionals and both worked in fields that were filled with our same sex. He met a handful of other girls on there and said it wasn't too bad and I met a handful of guys on there and it wasn't too bad. No better or no worse than dating in the real world, we both thought. It mostly seemed like people were between 25-35, though. Younger guys probably use it mostly for hookups, I would guess. But I could be wrong.