Should I tell her this after she turned me down but still texts me every time?

"I know it sounds harsh, but can we stop talking to each other? Because it's the only way I can get over you. Instead of hoping for something, I'd rather take some time off and see if I can get over it. I thought you said you liked me too? I don't know where things went wrong. You say you like me but you never show it." What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro I Understand how you feel. I was in the same situation myself. Just do it and move on. The destructive cycle has to stop and it won't be her to do it because she likes the attention.

• Btw, don't even tell her about stopping. It kinda shows your weakness. Just ignore.

• There is no reason to believe that she's seeking attention.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry I'm confused...was that the text she sent you?
    Is this your ex-GF?
    Is this two people talking?

• Just tell her you moved on and ignore her from that.

What Guys Said 7

• That does sound harsh. Often, when people say "I know it sounds harsh, but...", they inevitably sound harsh. It doesn't change the fact that that is harsh.

If you ask to stop talking to each other because you want to get over her, that's very rude, because you're telling her that she's worthless, and you're basically insulting her.

Don't ignore her. Just respond to her texts briefly, is all.

• Simpler is better. You don't wanna sound emotional and dramatic because that leads to a fight that'll make you feel worse. Next time she texts you, just say "If we're just going to be friends, I need some space for a while." Just don't lose your cool no matter what she responds with.

• Forget her and move on she's clearly playing with your emotions.

• Girls like attention and use flirting/sexuality to get it.
    Simple as that.
    Stop giving her attention.

• It seems that she just want to preserve the friendship side of your relationship.

• To text her, right, because you got friend zoned but she still strikes up chats with you?

Go for the simple, better, and what will let you look yourself in the mirror. Next time she texts you to strike up a conversation, just reply back, "I know you said you want to be friends, but I don't. Please delete my number."

About 80% chance she'll react as if you had punched her in the face. And you'll have your dignity intact--and probably raise her opinion of you.

• Yes, that would be a good message if you really want to forget about her.