Why do girls want to date around and not date one guy?

It seems to me being in a relationship is so much better than having to date multiple people. Why do some women prefer to date around than settle down with one person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Different strokes for different folks. I prefer to concentrate on one person at a time. I started dating this gal. Went on many dates. LOTS of texts. Lots of phone time, etc. The whole she was sleeping with someone else. Seems kind of odd to be sleeping with someone on a regular basis while dating people looking for a long term relationship. I can't say she did something wrong because we weren't technically dating, but it seems odd to me.

Anyways, I told I didn't realize she was involved with someone else; otherwise, I wouldn't have pursued her. She said he didn't mean anything to her and she would end things and we could become exclusive. I thought about it for a bit, but ended up dumping her.

What Girls Said 5

• It might be biology to settle down with one man (for girls), but then again, I have a HUGE aversion to children. Maybe if that biological part about me isn't "right" by societies standards, then maybe my want to date around becuse I don't want to settle down is part of it.

As you siad, it's not set in stone, every woman is different, and wants different things out of their partners.

• I don't want the same thing every night for dinner. I like variety

• So...are you turning a blind eye to the fact that your gender likes to do this too?

• Oh, I know guys like to do it but in nature, males have a tendancy to want to spread their seed while females tend to nurture, so females normally look for a partner that will protect them and provide food and stability for them. This is a tendancy in our genes but not set in stone.

• Times are changing. Women have adapted to the times.

• I would prefer to be in a relationship, but unless I know the person first I won't get that serious for a while. I prefer to date someone that I know as a friend first. However, if I start to date someone that I barely know then who knows what will happen. I don't want to be exclusive right away because I might not like them as much after I really get to know them. If we did get serious I'm scared to hurt their feelings if all of a sudden I notice a temperament or personality issue that's a big turn off. If you keep things light and open then you get to know each other before getting serious.

• so many reasons why... there is not one answer...

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think this is restricted to any one gender. I don't really see anything wrong with dating multiple people before being in a committed relationship. It's almost like business. You want to diversify your portfolio to minimize losses.

That said, once you are in a committed relationship, you should remain faithful. If not, you are just a cheater.

• That's because they want to explore their options in case it didn't work with one guy.

• Because relationships are hard work - and dating is fun.