Is going for a walk a good first date idea?

So this girl asked me out but left it up to me to pick a time/place/location. To be honest I don't think I am really that into her yet so I don't want to take her to a restaurant or something expensive. She suggested the cinema but to me that just sounds boring because we can't talk.

I have an idea to just take her for a walk in the country along the river which leads down onto the old train track. This would give us lots of opportunity to talk but it could get awkward really easily. She also seems more like a city kind of girl to me. Also I am worried that she would think I was being cheap for taking her on a date that's "free".

So do you think this a good idea? Advice please?

thanks for all the answers!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've just recently been on a second date with a guy on a walk and we both really enjoyed ourselves and had a good talk and a chat, and at the weekend I went on a walk for a first date. It is a really good way to get to know someone without spending a lot of cash. It shows you don't need money in the early stages of dating and in fact dating can get quite expensive! You could stop at a cafe or pub for a pit stop along the way or an icecream like someone suggested.

The only issue I have with your question is you saying "To be honest I don't think I am really that into her yet so I don't want to take her to a restaurant or something expensive"

If your not really into her maybe you shouldn't go out with her at all...because if your not sure your into her yet you may not be after the first?

What Girls Said 4

• I'd love it, but not for a first date, maybe for a second.. I bet she wants to put some nice clothes on and you won't give her the opportunity to do so. Besides that, it would piss off it if a guy makes it THAT obvious that he's not willing to spend any money on me.

• I think I it's a good idea. If by not spending any money on her makes her think that your cheap and therefore makes her think less of you then you probably shouldn't be with her. Because you don't wanna have to feel that you are forced to do more than what you are willing to do. Anyway, if I were into a guy. I would LOVE to go for a walk with him..

Good luck!

• I think the walk is excellent. Cinema on a first date is weird because as you said you can't talk. Take some monch on the walk. I think this is good! And it don't matter that she's a city girl. Just do what you feel!

• It's a cute idea. But girls can definitely tell when you're trying to avoid spending money & it's almost uncomfortable. Maybe you could include getting ice cream on the walk?

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, if you're already friends, this is a great first date idea. And don't worry. If she's a stuck up city girl and thinks you are cheap, then she isn't worth your time anyway.

This sounds like a fine, romantic first date, without the pressure and artificiality of candlelit dinners..

• IMHO it's a good idea.

But that's my opinion. I can't know what her opinion is.

Tip: choose a walk where you can talk and sit down at a table and have a coffee served, before going to the movie theater.

• Yes, but it's better if you've known each other for some time before going on a date.

• Yes, it's really a good idea since it can give you a lot of time to talk and grow closer to each other.