Date or stay friends?

So I have been "talking" to this guy for almost a year now. He really likes me a lot and I like him too but I'm just not sure if I should date him or not. To be honest, I am kinda scared to. I have never been in a relationship before. Like what happens if I meet someone else... better I guess. He is a really great guy, meets almost all the things I look for in a guy, would do pretty much anything for me and take me in a heart beat if I told him I wanted to date him. He is not like really really cute but I like him for his personality. I feel like he's waiting on me, but he told me he doesn't mind staying friends. Why does he have to be so nice about it though?! Someone, please help :/

Most Helpful Girl

• What you are describing to me is a friend. Just a friend. You guys connect great, but you need to have an equal amount of attraction to make a go of things. You already said "what if I meet someone better." That right there tells me that you just aren't really into this guy. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this guy, but I don't think you guys connect on a romantic level. Sometimes that happens, we can't force attraction if it isn't there. There's nothing wrong with wanting a relationship that feels "right" to you and one that stirs you on every level. I really would just stay friends with him.

There will also be other problems down the road if you do start dating. He is at a different place emotionally than you. He cares about you (in a romantic sense), whereas you're still just considering the possibility of a relationship. He may want you to catch up emotionally faster than you will be able to. What's to say you won't meet someone in a couple months of you guys dating that you really like. Do you really want to break his heart? Or treat him as the option you chose just because he was there?

Dating is hard. Ultimately, I think you know what to do in your gut. I know you'll make the best decision possible! :)

I wish you the best of luck!

What Guys Said 3

• It doesn't sound likeyou want any deep commitment at this time, and neither does he.

Spo why not leave things as they are? You are having fun together and not having any problems.

You want to keep your options open to meeting someone else, and he very likely feels the same

. AT your ages, why rush into a structured formal situation that is difficult to extricate yourself from?

• Sounds like a guy with a good heart and would treat you right by the way you described him. Give it ago!

• You really should date him. That's the one thing he's waiting from you.

What Girls Said 1

• i can tell just by his answer that he just loves spending time with you and doesn't mind staying friends but that may be for now deep down he probably wants to be with you I think he just wants you to be happy . you shouldn't think about the present and what you want not the future and what if's

• Yes! That is exactly how he feels. Should I just go for it then?