How do you tell someone your feelings through a text?

Normally I wouldn't even consider doing this, but I like this guy who lives 6 hours away from me. And I think he feels the same, but I don't know if I'm reciprocating enough to show him how I feel. We've hung out every time he has come home for breaks from school and he's taking summer classes so I won't see him for another 3 months. We text a few times a day. But we're both in school and working so sometimes there's a delay in response. We've gone 2 days without talking before.

When I saw him last, he was telling me that he's been seeing some girl off and on. He said the main reason he likes her is because they pretty much just make out whenever they're together. And she has cheated on him when they did decide to be exclusive in the past. He said now he doesn't really know what they are.

Before he said this I was ready to tell him how I felt about him, but I thought it would be inappropriate considering he's kinda seeing someone. But now I just want to get it off my chest. And the only way I could do it is by texting him to tell him since he's already back at his school.

We've been texting and joking around the past couple days and that's what most of our conversations are, so I don't know how to go about telling him. Maybe there's a way I could say it without saying it? I'm clueless as to how to do this.

What Guys Said 2

• You better tell your feelings in person. You might get shot down at text.

• You have to be very clear what you mean. When a girl drops hints to a guy, the guy rarely gets it.

What Girls Said 0