Why ignore a girl after date

Guys why do you date a girl once and then never talk to her again. Even if your not interested could you at least be polite and let her know instead of leaving her hanging on with false hope that maybe your just playing it cool etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't like confrontation...and I don't like it either for that matter.Its easier to just ignore someone and leave them hanging and let them "figure it out for themselves" rather than explain why you are not interested.BUT...girls will be girls.Some girls won't hear anything back for 2 weeks and she will STILL think,"Oh,he is just busy...I will just text him...for the 25th time.He hasn't responded yet...but I will text him again."

I went out with a guy ONCE.It was fun,he was nice to talk to,but overly agressive as in WAY to many texts,being "sure" of me way too quickly without even knowing me,and overall going at a much quicker pace than me. I wasn't interested in him for a TON of reasons.I wanted to be "nice" and tell him nicely that I wasn't interested because he was still texting me after not hearing from me for weeks.He wanted to know why I wasn't into him,and I told him.What did I do THAT for.He became defensive and obviously upset and made it seem like he wasn't that interested anyway.I felt horrible about telling him,but I also didn't want him hanging on for hope.So...being "nice" backfired.It often does in the scenario of dating. Guys don't want to have to deal with a girl trying to convince him she is right for him,or a girl turning into a psycho,OR worse...a girl crying because you tell her you aren't into it.

So ignoring her seems to be the widely received action.Its the "get a clue","take a hint" action.Sadly some girls don't get it.This isn't a perfect world.Everyone is not going to tell each other they aren't interested etc.So...that's why its important to...take a hint.

• Yea I know a girl who slept with a guy on the 2nd date and she never heard back from him and it was 2 weeks later that she was telling me she had feelings for him still and it was obvious he just wanted sex. She was clueless. I don't want to deal with a girl trying to justify why she is right for me when I could be talking to another one where there is potential.

What Guys Said 4

• This is not exclusive to just guys. I think it's just not wanting to come across as harsh and offensive. But it's actually just passive aggressive behavior. A "just ignore her and she will loose interest" mentality.

I once really grilled a girl for it just to feel the water. Our first date was really bland, but afterward she still said she wanted to hang out again and I should text her. So after a while I invited her to play pool one night and she said "haha ok". Then I invited her to a local event. She couldn't go that week so I said "We can go next week, which day works for you?", no response. Then I invited her to go to an aquarium to which we finally had a date and time set.

Then the day before she texted to cancel because some girl wanted to meet her. I told her to just be honest if she had no intention of hanging out again. She still decided to play stupid and said " Noooo that's not true, I do want to hang out again!". This was over the course of 2 months, I decided to play dumb and persistently play on he supposed interest. Never heard from her again, but she probably still totally wants to meet up right? :P

Again, it's passive aggressive, by doing this the guy gets what he wants without having to feel like a jerk.

• No news means nothing more. Not the other way around. Plenty of girls don't contact back after a date too. It means no connection. Move on.

• Yeah,its just the way things go.I also think girls just don't get it.I see ot ALL of the time on this site.Girls develop feeling for jerks,a-holes,one night stands,other girls' boyfriends,exs etc.I've never seen so many girls disrespect themselves.And then girls don't get that sleeping dudes quickly,doesn't make him suddenly "love" you.Why don't they get it?But some girls will go above and beyong trying to convince a guy that they are right for them.Its sad.Ignoring seems to be the best option.

• what would you like him to tell you? please tell me so that I say it next time.

we all have this awkward moment when we go on a date and it goes south. and we feel that it wasn't fun or had nothing to talk about or do. and that's the end of it.

next time text him if he answers back after 2-3 days or slower than he normally does then it means he is not interested so don't ask him again

• It's because we're playing it cool or we aren't interested in her anymore.

What Girls Said 4

• A date is a date we uses this opportunity to know each other so don't be hopeful with someone as it may shatter your hopes or you can't be like who you are.

Like what others said what do you hope the guy would say? If he is always responsive but didn't speak to you after many days , take it that he has gently turn you down. There are still other guys out there waiting for you.

• In the perfect world, it would be nice. I did in my 20s, I would sent emails and thank the guy for a nice outing/date. But feel the connection was not there and wish him best in his search.

just like a job interview.

on your end, if you don't hear from them, just assume you didn't get the job or a second date. okay live and learn. don't dewell on it...its only one date

• They lost interest. I don't know why people have such high expectations for someone they barely know.if you only went out once and don't hear from them again, obviously they don't like you so what explanation is needed?

• That's what dating is, trying someone out, so see if you might be interested in more. Silence, is in fact, an answer. It means, I am not interested in another date. Would it really be so much better to hear him say it? For the record, women do it to guys too.