Would it be legal for a 25 to date an EMANCIPATED minor?

Like once she was out on her own (can legally take care of herself) and was going out with a 25 y.o. is it legal, being they're out on their own?

Updates:
For the U.S.
nc or ny

How do they know there's no sex involved

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Anybody can date anybody, age not a factor, having SEX is where the law comes into play.

Check the states, a lot of states have age of consent as low as 16.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• It's only when it comes to sex that the law is involved. Anything else is fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • The laws are different, no matter where you live. However, you can date anyone you like without legal trouble, so long as there's no sex. Sex and a lot of other lesser things falling into the "heavy petting" are the things you need to worry about. Just check the local laws on age of consent. Chances are it's somewhere between 16 and 18. An emancipated minor is not likely going to be younger than 16. The few I've met were 17. Food for thought.

1|2
    0|0
  • Different countries/states have different laws.

0|0
    0|0
    • You'd have to look up the law for your particular state.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure the in's and out's aren't 100% legal, iv dated an older guy and I'm 99% sure it wasn't 100% legal buuut, aslong as you keep you to yourself; you shouldn't have a lot of issues. Have fun and don't worry yourself to death!

0|0
    0|0
  • Different states, different laws. You have to look them up but usually the law doesn't get involved until sex is involved

0|0
    0|0